By: Linda Rosencrance
Microsoft has released enhanced capabilities for Enterprise Mobility + Security (EMS) to help companies maximize their employees’ productivity as well ensure their critical business data is protected, according to a blog post by Andrew Conway, general manager, EMS Product Marketing.
The enhancements are:
- Pass-through authentication with Azure Active Directory, available now in preview, which enables secure single sign-on to cloud resources without requiring syncing of passwords to the cloud or modification to existing on-premises network infrastructure.
- Microsoft Intune’s new Admin Console in Azure, rolling out in preview, and aimed at making simplifying setup of integrated security and management scenarios across EMS services.
- Azure Information Protection updates to offer companies even greater flexibility and security for protecting data at the file level. These updates include support for more file types, integration with on-premises encryption key networks, and new options for creating classification and protection policies.
Microsoft has also rolled out additional enhancements to the AzureAD administrative experiences in the new Azure portal.
The latest updates include brand-new application gallery that supports a company’s favorite apps, including thousands of pre-integrated apps, a company’s own existing apps as well as new custom-developed apps, according to a blog post by Alex Simons, director of Program Management, Microsoft Identity Division.
The enhancements also include:
- A new quick-start experience to help companies get started with pilots of their newly added apps.
- Support for “bring your own password”-based sign-on apps, including improved auto-detection of sign-in fields and the ability to customize user sign-in field labels.
- “Windows Integrated Authentication” single sign-on mode to support full configuration of on-premises apps through the Application Proxy.
- The ability to configure self-service application access for any application.
- Updated SAML-based sign-on configuration to support the SAML relay state parameter, full customization of SAML token attributes, automatic SAML signing certificate creation, as well as customization of the options and algorithms used to sign the certificate.
- Updated Application proxy experience to support custom app URLs using companies’ own HTTPS certificates.