An ideal candidate will come to with experience and background in ERP implementation projects. Candidates should be able to demonstrate the ability and desire to implement an ERP, CRM, or other business system on an as-needed basis. Their ERP implementation projects range from being the primary implementation leads for complex multi organizational projects to smaller implementation projects where we support other implementation partners. They are software vendor agnostic, so having experience with more than one business system implementation is preferred.
They generate many of their implementation projects from software evaluation and selection projects. The ideal candidate will be a versatile and effective business analyst and project manager that can contribute in software vendor evaluations, through to ERP implementation and ongoing support.
They have clients in a wide range of industries from Higher Education to Manufacturing and Distribution to Marketing and Advertising. A candidate who will be able to operate in any industry would be ideal.
They are looking for candidates with all ranges of experience, from junior to senior level experience and will review any candidate with varying degrees of match to this position description. The key driver to whether a candidate will go far in the process is their match to the culture and company values.
Location: Chicago-land area preferred, exceptions for Great Lakes region as a whole
Reporting: Reporting directly to the VP of Client Solutions
Travel: Very little, less than 10% on average
Compensation: Wide range depending on level of experience from $75 -125k base salary + bonus and excellent benefits
- Manage multiple consultants, projects, and clients at the same time
- Facilitate project meetings and provide timely status updates
- Provide project management and oversight to client implementations
- Experience leading detailed requirements and specification activities
- Elicit requirements via interviews, document analysis, workshops, surveys, business process reviews, use cases, scenarios, business analysis, tasks, and workflow analysis
- Notify management of any issues or target-date dependencies
- Discern user requests from the client’s underlying, true business-function needs
- Analyze and evaluate information collected from multiple sources, resolve conflicts, and interpret and synthesize high-level information into details for general understanding
- Develop documented business requirements, functional requirements/specifications, interface requirements, data conversion requirements, implementation requirements, use cases, and design documentation
- As the above terms can often be interpreted differently, all Project Managers and Consultants typically need the ability to do the following:
- Analyze and define technology needs and requirements in a factual manner on behalf of our clients, and:
- Distinguish between business and functional technology requirements; o Document and manage large sets of requirements that meet the needs of individual, sometimes conflicting business units;
- Evaluate options for ERP and/or CRM systems for fast-growing companies within a variety of industries, as well as medium to large universities, and;
- Make sound software selections & recommendations on behalf of our clients, with adequate buy-in from both SMEs and organizational leaders.
- Verbally and in writing, communicate in a professional, succinct and logical manner
- Think critically, or use analytical skills to solve a variety of problems
- Research – general, as well as specific to our projects’ needs
- Work effectively in a team environment
- Problem solve – ability to troubleshoot, identify the root cause of, and develop and implement effective solutions to problems
- Use all major Microsoft Office applications (Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio) Use Google applications in an organized fashion.
- General Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required; preferably business, technology or analytical focus. Preferred number of years’ experience is 2 – 10 years. This is subject to change depending on suitability of candidate and the experience, knowledge, and skills they bring to the team.
- Minimum of two references provided upon request, related to ERP or CRM software vendor evaluation experience.
- Other important, but less critical skills or capabilities include:
- Facilitation, presentation, and client communication skills
- Knowledge of cloud system (ERP/CRM) architectures
- Develop consulting approaches to meet a client’s objectives
- Identify resources that can play a role on engagements
- Assist the development of new business to help them grow
- Possess knowledge of SDLC, Agile and process improvement methods/approaches.