Microsoft Dynamics 365 CE Functional Consultant
Company Overview: 15 year Development and Professional Services consulting organization with market leading I.P in the Higher Education, Healthcare, Professional Services and Manufacturing industries.
Microsoft Gold Partner and TAP(Technology Adoption Program) participating member for almost 10 years. Over 300 dedicated Product Developers and Functional Consultants across the US and abroad. Clients are spread across the United States and span multiple industry segments including Higher Education, Healthcare, Professional Services, Chemical Manufacturing and Oil &Gas.
Looking to grow their Microsoft Dynamics practice from approximately 35-40 dedicated employees based in the United States.
Currently heavily leveraged with Dynamics 365 F&O, but actively growing their Dynamics CE practice now. Expect the CRM side of the business to equal the ERP side of the business within the next 18 months, in part due to their collaborative development efforts with Microsoft for the Healthcare industry.
They are very, very deep on the technical side and get hired by Microsoft to build products that gets incorporated into MS products.
Looking for people that are interested and excited at the prospect of growing a practice and enjoy the opportunity to wear multiple hats and not do the same task day in and day out. Individuals need a degree of flexibility and high emotional intelligence.
Location: Virtual, can be based anywhere in the United States
Travel: 50% on average
Compensation: Depending on experience, ranging from $100-150k/yr + benefits
Reporting: Will be reporting directly to the VP of Professional Services
Unique Opportunity: This organization’s roots are in product development and they have a number of market leading add-on solutions for both Microsoft Dynamics AX and CRM. They are considered the “go-to” Partner of Microsoft in the Healthcare, Higher Education, Professional Services and Manufacturing industries in part due to this I.P. They have robust internal programs in place to allow individuals to become subject matter experts on 1 or more of these industries and to work with the next generation of technologies as they continue developing new products.
Additional Opportunity: They are growing quickly and looking for people interested in career advancement and opportunities to make a legitimate impact within the business.
Summary of Position:
The Functional Consultant will be part of one or multiple teams that will use problem solving skills to develop and implement Dynamics 365 solutions for their customers utilizing approved methodology.
The majority of the Functional Consultant’s time will be spent executing tasks related to customer solution delivery.
The Functional Consultant ensures that all activities are carried out in an efficient, cost-effective manner.
The Functional Consultant serves as an internal subject matter expert and supports all company activities including but not limited to system implementations, integrations, and process consultations.
The Functional Consultant will be expected to participate in team building and to develop team and customer relationships.
The Functional Consultant will lead all activities for a particular area; finance, supply chain or manufacturing for a full lifecycle and be responsible for all project documentation/deliverables.
The Functional Consultant will proactively look for ways to keep all time productive and will use non-customer time for personal training, internal projects and administrative tasks.
Utilizes approved methodology phases, activities and tasks to deliver quality work products for clearly defined projects in one of the following areas – Analysis, Design, Testing, Implementation, Support and Maintenance.
Understands customer needs. Perform gap analysis between package functionality and customer requirements.
Understands documentation standards, and be able to create all standard project documentation.
Responds promptly and professionally to customer requests or inquiries seeking guidance from Project or Practice Management as appropriate.
QA’s project efforts and documentation to ensure project decisions/deliverables are sound
Trains users on new processes and product.
May be expected to perform project management duties on smaller, less complex projects.
Provides excellent service to internal and external customers. Keeps customers up-to-date on the progress of the service they are receiving and changes that may affect them.
Prioritizes customer issues and addresses most pressing concerns.
Utilizes both formal and informal channels to facilitate the progress of work. Interprets and integrates multifaceted information from varied sources on a range of complex issues.
Actively establishes relationships with all levels within the customer organization.
Maintains continuous, open, consistent professional communication with customers, peers and management. Openly listens to others and checks understanding.
Demonstrates proficiency in practice technology. Understands business process and relates knowledge to product functionality.
Defines business requirements for technical solutions or alternatives. Can identify and help design customizations, workaround, or enhancements required to meet customer needs.
Leads project teams through design workshops and pilot environments.
Develops data conversion and testing strategies.
May perform product demonstrations.
Culture and Values
- Demonstrates behaviors evident of their Global Culture and Values.
- Value People - We recognize people as individuals and develop relationships built on trust and respect. As evident by caring for other, being flexible and following through.
- Honesty & Integrity - We are always truthful and maintain high ethical standards. As evident by asking for help and admitting mistakes.
- Accountability - We take action, proactively hold ourselves accountable and are committed to quality and excellence in everything we do. As evident by delivering quality work and having a sense of urgency.
- Servant Leadership - We purposefully and selflessly serves the needs of others to help them reach their full potential. As evident by asking how I can help and showing a willingness to learn.
- Teamwork - We recognize the collective power of our time, talent and resources. As evident by trusting others and communicating constructively.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit - We encourage creativity and risk-taking, empower decision making, promote continuous learning and give back to our local communities. As evident by being curious and willing to fail.
- Minimum Requirements – Education, Skill & Abilities: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business or Engineering Advanced experience with core business processes such as accounting, supply chain, manufacturing, sales and marketing, field service, case management, etc. Experience with integration tools and 3rd party add on modules Proficient in Microsoft Office applications Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Preferred Requirements– Education, Skill & Abilities:
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Knowledge of D365 customization process
- Advanced functional ability in finance, supply chain, manufacturing, sales and marketing, case management, field service modules
- Minimum 4 years’ experience implementing and\or supporting ERP’s 2 most current versions
- • Strong experience in Manufacturing or Healthcare Industry
- • Minimum 4 years consulting organization experience preferred
- • Minimum 4 Full Project Lifecycles