Sr. Dynamics 365- ERP Solutions Architect
15 year Microsoft Dynamics Veteran Partner, currently at 50 employees with a forecast of adding 10-20 new employees in 2018. Original roots as a Gold Dynamics GP Partner and now aggressively expanding into Dynamics365 xRM and AX, as well as, Intacct. Subject Matter Experts in the verticals of Federal Govt, Tribal Nations and Professional Services.
Earnings are very strong and growing at 25% over the last 5 years. They are looking for entrepreneurial minded talent that are innovative and interested in building something. This is a unique environment where your input and feedback is value and sought out and also provides for a healthy work/life balance with very limited overnight travel. Their go to market methodology allows for almost of the work being handled remotely.
Here are a few of their many industry awards:
RANKED GLOBALLY AS A LEADING MSP PROVIDER
MICROSOFT GOLD CERTIFIED PARTNER RECOGNITION – 2006 – 2016
MICROSOFT US SMB CHAMPIONS CLUB
MICROSOFT TOP WEST REGION SMALL AND MIDSIZE BUSINESS CLOUD PARTNER
MICROSOFT DYNAMICS PRESIDENT’S CLUB
Location: Virtual, can be based anywhere in the United States
Travel: Less than 25% overnight travel expected
Reporting: Reporting to the Technical Consulting Director
Compensation: $90-150k/yr base salary range + bonus trips and great benefits.
JOB SUMMARY: As a Microsoft Dynamics 365 ERP Solution Architect you will be responsible for engaging with key stakeholders to implement stable and scalable solutions, based on Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance & Operations (F&O - formerly AX) and related products, and assist with the on-going development of vertical solutions. You will also be required to guide Technical and Functional Consultants during the design and build phase of the project ensuring the solutions effectively meet business requirements and in accordance with defined scope. The Solution Architect will take ownership of all aspects of Microsoft Dynamics 365 F&O, working with the Program Manager, business stakeholders, and executive sponsors, ensuring compliance with business best practices and successful delivery of the program.
- Perform Full lifecycle Microsoft Dynamics F&O and related ERP solution project duties including: Pre-Sales Solution Engineering, Project Definition/Estimating, Business Requirements Analysis, Functional/Technical Design, and on-going QA activities.
- Assist in the Pre-sales phase (as required) with the ability to help estimate the work plan required to turn the prospect into a proposal.
- Lead client meetings to gather business requirements and perform gap analysis between out of box functionality and customer’s requirements.
- Identify and recommend product customizations, enhancements, or workarounds to meet customer requirements.
- Develop functional and technical specifications for enhancements and integrations to other business applications.
- Responsible for identifying, scoping, developing, and presenting new solutions (out of scope of project) to the Program Manager or Account Executive for consideration.
- Responsible for researching and qualifying ISV solutions.
- Responsible for the Functional and Technical Requirements Document, including the review sessions with the customer.
- Provides Microsoft Dynamics 365 F&O functional and technical implementation expertise.
- Responsible for ensuring overall solution adheres to customer requirements.
- Responsible for ensuring system and customization designs meets customer’s requirements.
- Works with the Program Manager to ensure all tasks are listed in the Project Work Plan.
- Works with the Program Manager to formulate the implementation strategy, interdependencies, risks and mitigation strategies, and timeline requirements.
- Works with the Leads/Consultants to ensure design and configurations adhere to approved requirements and project scope.
- Responsible for communicating with the Program Manager concerning all project related items.
- Responsible for specific Project tasks assigned by Program Manager per the project work plan.
- Communicates with the Program Manager concerning potential new opportunities.
- Provide escalated support.
- May perform product demonstrations.
- May perform implementation tasks.
- Proactively look for ways to keep all time productive and will use non-customer time for personal training, internal projects and administrative tasks.
- Will be expected to coach, train, or be a mentor to newly hired team members.
- Learn, utilize, and promote the Arctic IT’s Project Implementation Methodology and work with Program Managers to improve best practices.
- Build a relationship and develop trust with key client stakeholders, serving as the functional/technical lead.
- Provide leadership for project team by building and motivating team members to meet project goals, adhering to their responsibilities and project milestones, and delivering excellent customer service.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Ensure client expectations are met and exceeded in terms of quality of product and service delivered.
- Ensure Arctic IT’s brand and image is represented appropriately.
- Participate in resource planning and identifying resources required to complete projects successfully.
- Provide feedback on performance evaluations for team members.
- Expert – The Solution Architect has years of related experience and should be a subject matter expert in multiple areas. They should also be willing to share their knowledge and skills with colleagues. The Senior Consultant should have the ability to independently complete an implementation from start to finish, but should also work well in a project team.
- Dedicated – The Solution Architect is willing and able to produce at least 1600 hours of billable time per year and do whatever is necessary to fulfill their goals and promises to the company and customers. It is understood this is a 40+ hour per week role.
- Customer Advocate – The clients should know the Solution Architect will consistently provide intelligent solutions that are the right size for the company. Additionally, the Solution Architect is always looking out for ways to help that client succeed and be more successful. They will help out participate in a project at any level to help meet the project and client needs.
- Mentor – The Solution Architect is eager to appropriately share their wealth of knowledge with a less experienced consultant to help them grow their skills and improve the strength of the team.
- Corporate Leader – As a key employee of the company, the Solution Architect is looking for ways to advance the company, limit risks and costs, and find or create new opportunities
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Works effectively under minimal supervision
- Strong time-management skills
- Strong ability to “multi-task” while maintaining quality customer service
- Maintains high utilization percentage while achieving high customer satisfaction
- Appropriately escalates issues to team members, AIT management or external technical support
- Effective client-facing interpersonal skills; comfortable and effective acting as a liaison between multiple technology groups
- Shares knowledge with team members and encourages collaboration amongst peers and subordinates
- Tailors communication appropriately within the team, the company, and clients
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving skills
- Works well under stress, pressure, and deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Thrives on working well with clients and provides exceptional service
- Well-organized, self-directed team player
- Communication – Clear, Crisp, Candid and Connecting
- Focus – Present, intentional, a selfless teammate and deliver outstanding results
- Respect – Treat others the way we want to be treated
- Customer Service: Builds and maintains trustworthy and dependable relationships with existing and future clients.
- Problem Solving: Determines the most efficient and effective way to deal with and resolve an issue.
- “Figure it Out” Factor: Discovers what is difficult to understand and pursues a win-win solution.
- Tenacity: Displays persistence and continuous efforts to obtain a desired goal.
- Breadth of Knowledge & Capabilities: Obtains expertise and depth of knowledge across a wide variety of topics.
- Project Execution: Focuses on results and desired outcomes and how best to achieve them.
- Understanding Customer Needs: Demonstrates empathy and is perceptive towards unique customer business needs and goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Business, Computer Science, or related field
- 10+ years' experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX implementations; Strong and proven experience of implementing AX
- 10+ years of industry and/or consulting experience
- 5+ years' experience of Microsoft Dynamics AX, functional/technical architecture
- Strong overall knowledge of both the functional and technical aspects of Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance and Operations
- Strong time-management skills and ability to multi-task while maintaining quality customer service
- Strong Financial module experience with an accounting background
- Knowledge of Microsoft Dynamics AX customization tools
- Experience with integration tools and 3rd party add on modules
- Proven capability to build and maintain relationships by engaging business leaders to establish credibility and confidence
- Valid Driver’s License required
- Applicants subject to government security investigations and must meet eligibility requirements related to the clearance process
- Experience with other Microsoft Dynamics 365 solutions (NAV, CRM)
- Experience with Microsoft Office 365
- Experience with multi-company, multi-site organizations
- Additional experience with Microsoft Dynamics AX Distribution, HR/Payroll, and /or Field Service modules