Dynamics 365-AX Finance Consultant
Company Overview: 15 year Development and Professional Services consulting organization with market leading I.P in the Higher Education, Healthcare, Professional Services and Manufacturing industries.
Microsoft Gold Partner and TAP(Technology Adoption Program) participating member for almost 10 years. Over 300 dedicated Product Developers and Functional Consultants across the US and abroad. Clients are spread across the United States and span multiple industry segments including Higher Education, Healthcare, Professional Services, Chemical Manufacturing and Oil &Gas.
Location: Virtual, can be based anywhere in the United States
Travel: 50% on average
Compensation: Depending on experience, ranging from $100-140k/yr base salary + $15k bonus and benefits.
Reporting: Will be reporting directly to the Director of Services
Unique Opportunity: This organization’s roots are in product development and they have a number of market leading add-on solutions for both Microsoft Dynamics AX and CRM. They are considered the “go-to” Partner of Microsoft in the Healthcare, Higher Education, Professional Services and Manufacturing industries in part due to this I.P. They have robust internal programs in place to allow individuals to become subject matter experts on 1 or more of these industries and to work with the next generation of technologies as they continue developing new products.
- Participate in Zero Phase Project Planning for Project Scoping and help Project Manager in Project Planning and execution.
- Participate in System Analysis sessions with customers, interpret and create, as necessary, functional requirements and design documents.
- Configure the System to create Golden Image and document the configuration.
- Create Data Migration Templates and load customer data into the system.
- Help customers, validate system configuration and data migration.
- Review and get customer sign off on documents which are part of project deliverables.
- Enable integration with third party applications using AIF and .Net Business Connector.
- Help Project Manager by providing estimations for change orders/requests for new customizations or enhancements comes after system requirement freeze.
- Create new or update available training material to Provide Core Team Training, Trainers Training or End User Training to customers.
- Assist in the process of upgrading Dynamics AX from 2012 (R2 and R3) to Dynamics AX365.
- Test the system to map customer requirements before delivering it to customer for testing.
- Deliver Conference Room Pilots (CRP) to customers to show their business process which are supported out of the box and with customization.
- As and when needed, participate in calls to provide industry expert advice and possible solutions to customers.
- Assist Pre-Sales Process by configuring and setting up demonstration systems and help sales team in the system demonstration to customers
- Assist customer in user acceptance testing(UAT)
- Troubleshooting and resolve software bugs, data, and system configuration issues.
- Be available to visit customer onsite for important sessions during project implementation.
- Skills/Knowledge Required
- Broad and deep experience in the Microsoft Dynamics 365/AX
- Professional Communication skills – You have the ability to maintain and project professionalism while interacting with “C” class client personnel – controllers, corporate accountants and chief financial officers, chief technology officer and chief executive officers.
- Financial background
- 5+ years of deep expertise and experience in Microsoft Dynamics 365 and AX implementations.
- Strong understanding of software development life cycle, project management, business process management requirements definition, functional design, quality management, and change management
- Microsoft Financials certification is desirable