Dynamics AX Project Manager
Company Overview: 50 years later, is now comprised of 25 of the most highly-regarded brands of protective products that serve law enforcement, military and the sporting goods markets.
Slightly over 3,000 employees, 13 locations in 13 countries. Military and Law Enforcement is primary customers. Also has an automotive offering. Split between FL and Ontario, Canada.
- Coming in at the beginning of a huge ERP implementation.
- Growing company. , Has almost doubled in size since 2012, when they went independent. Has done 7 or acquisitions in that timeframe. Just closed on 2 recent acquisitions at the beginning of the year. Looking at internal growth with technology advancements with their products.
- Can now sell directly to customers- planning to significantly grow Retail segment.
- Lkg at other acquisition targets globally.
- Anticipates company going public in next couple of years.
- Very profitable and trending very well with great EBITDA
- As the company grows, the I.T. organization will be changing significantly, and will becoming experts in various parts of their business and opportunities for leadership.
I.T. Environment with .NET Development running on Windows, SQL Server almost everywhere, Visual Studio and SharePoint.
Reason for AX Openings: Implemented Core Dynamics 2012 R3 this last year and now in process of implementing Distribution and Retail areas.
Looking for someone with strong Dynamics AX experience, with at least 3-5 years of Project Lead experience. Some 2012 experience. Retail would be very nice, but not a requirement.
Knows how to use Microsoft Projects, and is detail oriented and very hands on. Needs to be able to create and manage a detailed project plan.
Would be helpful having previous experience as an Implementation Consultant.
AX team: 2 AX projects going on now. Large, core ERP project with a team of 10-12 people. 2nd, new team to implement the Distribution/Retail ERP. Had acquired 3 businesses with 11 brick and mortar stores and bringing all together. Using Procure to Pay and Order to Cash – almost all standardized. Implemented Global Financials and Supply Chain.
This person would be focused on 2nd project and joining a group of 8 folks that is a mix between BA’s and I.T.
Running 2012 R3. User body is around 300-400 now, will be around 1000 users in total.
Project is about a month in and phase 1 is scheduled for 6 months to standardize HQ implement which includes 3 stores. About a month to let it settle down. Then 2 months to implement POS in the 3 stores. About a year to run through, but plans to acquire additional businesses so will be on-going.
Will be integrating to eCommerce and EDI.
*Current team will be trained on AX – around 20 folks more or less. Will also have their own development and customization, though not interested in doing a ton of that.
*Most of the I.T. team based in Jacksonville, FL
* Over 30 locations around the world.
Location: Jacksonville, FL, relocation assistance provided
Compensation: $110 – 130/yr base salary + 10-15% bonus and great benefits. Some flexibility on salary range if necessary.
Reporting: Reporting to the Director of Enterprise Applications
Provides project management, business analysis, meeting facilitation, application design, training, and implementation of Microsoft Dynamics AX – Retail, in support of the company’s Retail businesses. Identifies opportunities to improve business processes and to use technology to improve revenue, reduce costs, improve productivity, and increase customer service.
|Essential Job Functions:||· Acts as Project Manager/Information Technology representative as assigned by management for key business system initiatives. Implementing and support MS Dynamics AX Retail.
· Builds and maintains Project Plans as required for IT Projects. Plans, schedules and tracks progress on project timelines, milestones and deliverables using appropriate tools. Identifies and manages project dependencies and critical path.
· Directs and manages the project life cycle from project initiation and planning through execution, deployment and close-out. Manages the project budget.
· Collaborates with sponsors and stakeholders to define the project business case including project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals.
· Manages project communication throughout the life cycle of the project. Communicates and manages Project Risks. Conducts periodic project reviews with key stakeholders, sponsors and team members to provide progress.
· Along with other IT project managers, develops and implements project management processes and methodologies to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to standards and meet customer expectations.
· Provides business analysis, and recommends best course of action focusing on business process first, technology second.
· Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates business systems and end user needs. Identifies and documents business requirements which could be automated using current / new technology to improve productivity, reduce costs, better serve the customer, or increase revenues.
· Designs, develops, configures and maintains business applications per user specifications using standard technologies. Proposes solutions to best meet the requirements of the organization.
· Sets up procedures and testing methods to insure the ongoing accuracy of data maintained within all applications.
· Acts as liaison between the organization and application vendors as required for implementation, problem resolution, application upgrades and bug fixes.
· Provides support and training to user community.
· Stays on top of current and new technologies and makes recommendations to implement those which would have a positive impact on the division’s business.
|Minimum of 8 years’ experience in Information Technology with 5 years as a Business Analyst / Project Manager implementing and supporting MS Dynamics AX
MS Dynamics AX Retail (as a hands on project manager)
|Required Education:||· College degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, or a related field
|Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
|· Experienced in MS Dynamics AX Retail module implementation and Support
· Excellent client relation, verbal, written and interpersonal skills
· Excellent organizational skills
· Ability to identify priorities and manage tasks
· Ability to work closely within a team as well as independently
· Knowledgeable in the Microsoft Office Suite, experience with SharePoint and Visio.
· Experience with a project management tool – MS Project or other.
· Must have excellent project management skills.
· Ability to work in a dynamic / changing environment.