Dynamics AX Architect/Manager
One of the largest and most successful heavy equipment dealerships in the country.
Position would be the key Dynamics AX Subject Matter Expert. Would have a direct impact with the design and architecture of the project from beginning to end and would be considered the primary stakeholder and SME on the AX application and environment post implementation.
Project is slated to begin before the end of 2016, would like this person on board prior to fully understand the business, operations and critical success criteria to be in a position to architect the solution at the onset.
The Dynamics AX implementation will involve 4 locations and will be supporting 1,800 users across all of the functional areas of the business.
This person will be the primary contact person and liaison with the VAR of Record and will act as the internal AX Subject Matter Expert and company stakeholder and spokesman.
Current I.T. department is 30 people strong, with 7-8 individuals responsible for managing the current ERP environment and would provide the knowledge and insight for a relatively smooth transition to Dynamics AX.
Location: Minneapolis, MN.
Reporting: Will be reporting to the Vice President of Information Technology
Travel: Negligible, less than 20%
Compensation: $100-130k/yr and benefits
Dynamics AX Architect/Manager:
The AX Architect/Manager will lead a team of technologists to configure and build solutions on a functional and technical level which enable business outcomes through the effective use of people, process, and technology.
This role is both a management and a hands-on technical position which will provide leadership and vision to transform systems capabilities from a legacy ERP to a Postmodern ERP with Microsoft Dynamics AX as the core solution.
- Function as a subject matter expert for software development best practices, data migration and conversion, data integrity, system integrations, system performance and tuning
- Manage external technical resources and needed
- Collaborate, manage and lead meetings with Business users and stakeholders to insure functional requirements are being met
- Develop technical specifications for Dynamics AX enhancements and integration to other business applications
- Manage daily workflow within the department by establishing operating procedures and policies and prioritizing, distributing, and monitoring work assignments
- Ability to architect solutions on a technical and functional level that will deliver high quality results, meet business needs and utilize the features and functions correctly and effectively
- Manage technology development and data management teams