Dynamic AX Technical Consultant
As a Canadian leader in business transformation, our mission is to significantly improve the profitability of our clients through the optimization of their processes and the implementation of world-class software solutions. Our services range from operational performance improvement, enterprise resource planning (ERP) and customer relationship management (CRM) to asset management solution implementation. For over 20 years, they have delivered substantial performance improvements to more than 1,200 companies across Canada.
One of Microsoft Dynamics Canada’s largest Gold Certified Partner, they help enterprises implement and manage Dynamics AX, Dynamics NAV and Dynamics CRM technological solutions. They have forged an enviable expertise in the distribution, manufacturing, retail and professional services sectors.
Random Fun Facts on Organization taken from phone discussion notes:
40 people in Microsoft Business Solutions group, want to grow to over 50 in next few months. Growth from 17 people 3 years ago.
25 in NAV, 12 in AX and 3 in CRM(don’t really market this).
30 in Montreal and 10 in Soult St. Marie, MI The Michigan office is focused on the smaller clients with Dynamics 365 -offering remote services
Customer base is 100% Canadian for now, may expand to US next year.
Dynamics NAV Solutions for 15 years and cover many verticals. Dynamics AX for almost 24 months and focused mainly in Financial and Retail, gearing up for Manufacturing & Distribution
Overall revenue now: $10-12million this year, targeting $15million next year.
Overnight travel: Very little, typically within driving distance.
Relocation Assistance offered
Good benefits across the board including a Profit Sharing program.
The y are an ERP specific company, they do SAP, Oracle, Microsoft, Process Engineering/Lean, Asset Management – this is their dedicated focus.
Alot of opportunity Will need leadership. New office in Toronto soon.
Very strong with delivery management, professional project managers, last 15 go lives are referenceable clients.
Location: Montreal, Quebec – Relocation assistance provided
Travel: None, customer base is local
Reporting: Reporting directly to the General Manager of the Microsoft Business Solutions group
Compensation: Above average market rate for salary + Profit Sharing and excellent benefits
Opportunity: Significant and realistic opportunity to advance into Project and/or Practice Management
Main responsibilities The main role of the Microsoft Dynamics AX Technical consultant / Developer is to collaborate with the consulting team and internal personnel, to assist customers in the designing, building and maintaining their Dynamics AX environment. As such, he is required to:
- Perform the installation and configuration for the entire Dynamics AX environment, system setup and administration;
- Understand technical requirements and translate them into accurate technical documentation;
- Perform technical development, customization and upgrade activities in applicable tools and languages.
- Develop interfaces from/to Dynamics AX as needed by the client;
- Follow the team standards and established best practices in all interfaces and modifications`;
- Assist in Troubleshooting and resolving issues;
- Perform unit testing and quality checks;
- Design and implement Dynamics AX Security;
- Perform Enterprise Portal web development;
- Plan and execute data migration;
- Provide accurate estimation and timelines for various tasks;
- Provide technical support to customers, work independently and/or with team members to resolve escalated support tickets;
- Train, mentor and support junior developers;
- Essential skills/abilities
- Hold an undergraduate diploma in Computer science / Information System or equivalent;
- Possess at least four (4) years of significant practical and technical experience in a Microsoft Dynamics AX technical development/implementation installation, configuration, source code deployment and all subsidiary software needed for a successful Dynamics AX Implementation;
- Strong knowledge of .NET (C#, XML, Web Services, etc.);
- Strong experience with SQL server, SSIS, SSRS, SSAS and EP skills;
- Experience with Dynamics AX workflow;
- Experience with Dynamics AX BI (Role Centers, KPI’s, Cubes);
- Experience applying hot fixes and Cumulative updates to Dynamics AX;
- Experience with Dynamics AX2012;
- Experience in EP and SharePoint Knowledge;
- Excellent documentation and prioritization skills;
- Possess good oral and written communication skills, in both French or English;
- Desirable skills/abilities
- Microsoft Dynamics AX certifications, an asset;
- AX For Retail and POS Development experience;
- Ability to adapt and summarize;
- Desire to continuously keep learning;
- Strong team spirit.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org