Dynamics AX/D365 for Operations Applications Manager
International leader in automated systems engineering and manufacturing for over 70 years. Complete Automated Body Shop development, Robotic Assembly Line Systems development and dozens of other automated systems production and delivery for manufacturers around the world.
Company has grown from $80million in 2014 to over $300million currently in yearly revenues. Expected to continue growing at a similar pace and is very profitable. Universally recognized as the industry leader in their space.
Position would be the key person responsible for the new Dynamics AX implementation from beginning to end. Would have oversight of complete project from beginning to end and would be considered the primary stakeholder and SME on the AX application and environment post implementation.
They went live with AX 2012R3 last year in Q4, Oct/Nov timeframe. They are very heavy with projects, supply chain and finance. Projects on front end, supply chain in center, financials on back end. Inventory and Production.
Approximately 200 primary users. Around 400 total users. Heavy engineering and use for project accounting and time entry.
This is across 4 sites in MI with intentions of branching out to Mexico and maybe Canada.
This person will be the primary contact person and liaison with the VAR of Record and will act as the internal AX Subject Matter Expert and company stakeholder and spokesman.
10 people in IT and 4 supporting AX. Current AX folks are front end functional. All of the development and customization is done via a partner, though they don't do a lot of it. Try to do as much out of the box as possible.
Wants somebody that will get into the business process and get immersed with the clients. Need to be able to lead. Obtain buy in with the user community. Understand how they use AX, changing processes of the company.
Current group is not at the level to lead this effort. Would have to manage people and the business process. Need somebody that is more in tune with the business side, having that person to focus more on the technical side.
The ability to have a direct impact and get involved with all aspects of I.T.
Older workforce, well experienced and tenured, most of the people have been there for 15 years. Healthy work/life balance.
Career trajectory - lots of new opportunities with possibilities. Could potentially step into the CIO role. Not a lot of boundaries. Culture is such that allows folks to move around.
Microsoft Infrastructure with Office 365 and Azure. Implementing a PLM system right now.
Location: Warren, MI. Will provide relocation assistance
Reporting: This position will be reporting directly to the CIO
Compensation: $120-140k/yr + Bonus and excellent benefits
Travel: No overnight travel required
The position is responsible for the support and development of business applications. The primary focus will on the ERP system and associated products. The position will manage the application support team personnel.
This role is both a management and a hands-on technical position which will provide leadership and vision to transform systems capabilities with Microsoft Dynamics AX as the core solution.
- Function as a subject matter expert for software development best practices, data migration and conversion, data integrity, system integrations, system performance and tuning
- Manage external technical resources and needed
- Collaborate, manage and lead meetings with Business users and stakeholders to insure functional requirements are being met
- Develop technical specifications for Dynamics AX enhancements and integrations to other business applications
- Manage daily workflow within the department by establishing operating procedures and policies and prioritizing, distributing, and monitoring work assignments
- Ability to architect solutions on a technical and functional level that will deliver high quality results, meet business needs and utilize the features and functions correctly and effectively
- Manage technology development and data management teams
- Functional support of HR and Payroll applications
- Responsible for SLA compliance to corporate standards
- Responsible for all business aplications including enhancements, reporting, licensing and life cycle management.