CRM Solutions Architect
A full-service Customer Experience consultancy focused on helping organizations build trust with their customers. Their breadth of knowledge uniquely positions them to assist in the identification, deployment and optimization of technology platforms that support the customer journey. As a peer-recognized consulting firm, they guide organizations through the process of creating or improving customer experience platforms and policies.
They have developed a product which is their strategic methodology designed to help you eliminate poor customer experiences. From initial strategic planning through management of technology, their end-to-end approach ensures support for every area of your customer experience efforts and every step in the customer journey.
Random Notes from Telephone Discussions:
Contact Center is about 65%, but Dynamics side has been growing at a much higher rate over last 2 years. Grew 20% this last year and is the main emphasis for growth currently.
Dynamics CRM team: Around 40 people, consultants and developers. More work sold than can be handled.
Employees: Around 40% are going into an office, 60% are virtual.
Travel: Up to 30% travel. Mainly in the US. Dynamics is mainly in the US.
Benefits in the mid-level - full medical/dental/vision, life insurance. PPO and HSA plan available - company makes contribution. 401k- 2% match. Ton of flexibility - super family friendly environment. Vacation schedule: 3wks PTO to start, but negotiable, may go up to 4wks.
Location: Virtual, can be based anywhere in the United States
Travel: 30% or less
Reporting: Will be reporting directly to the Dynamics CRM-365 Solutions Director
Compensation: $125-150k/yr base salary + bonus
This position is responsible for envisioning, modeling, and designing Dynamics CRM Solutions in an agile work environment. The Solutions Architect will also manage the provisioning, development and maintenance of the solution from presales to project closeout. This includes scoping level of effort, leading the discovery of business requirements with our business analysts, development of user stories along with the project manager, and leading our consultants and development teams to follow and fulfill the Statement of Work (SOW) for our projects, including participation in daily agile activities.
Additional activities include the creation and maintenance (including upgrades) of solution accelerator for presales activities as well as producing collateral (documentation, slide decks, blogs posts and social media content, demos and videos) to support sales efforts, participation in generating sales proposals (RFI/RFP/RFQ, ROMs, and SOWs), and maintaining our IP/solutions in our code repository (TFS).
A good candidate is an expert at Dynamics CRM with deep knowledge of the technical and functional aspects of the supporting technologies in the Microsoft ecosystem; has a strong background is the planning, designing, installing/configuring of relational data modeling of Dynamics CRM solutions that are innovative while observing best practices in regards of supported extensions of the platform. The candidate is also an enthusiast and evangelist of Dynamics CRM and contributes to our standing as thought leaders in the industry.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- 6-10 years of experience with Dynamics CRM, with significant experience using Dynamics CRM 2013, 2015, and 2016.
- Significant knowledge of Dynamics CRM Online, and the O365 platform as it pertains to feature sets that integrate with Dynamics CRM solutions.
- The ability to envision and document infrastructure and system design specifications via architecture design diagrams, ERDs, wireframes and other visual documentation for consumption by our consultants and developers, as well as the customer product owners
- Ability to use Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS) to set up and maintain Team Projects for Agile development efforts
- Deep knowledge of the Dynamics CRM, USD, and Parature SDK and the ability to convey this knowledge to both the consultants and developers to balance the use of native (OOTB) features the appropriate use of custom development. This will include conveying both high-level and detailed information of the solution to multiple teams.
- Ability to clearly articulate the vision for Dynamics CRM Solutions with the project team and the ability to solve problems related to both system and environmental limitations to provide solutions that match customer requirements.
- Understanding of the Dynamics CRM Data model and at least 4 years designing, creating, and configuring Dynamics CRM Solutions, including innovative LOB solutions using both core CRM capabilities as well as custom xRM solutions.
- The ability to identify and leverage existing IP and create scalable/reusable code that is solution agnostic and apply it to unique customer requirements.
- Some development experience a plus
- Extensive experience setting up and configuring Dynamics CRM Online with O365
- Knowledge and configuration of the latest and greatest Dynamics CRM feature sets (including preferred solution, Parature, O365 components, the Interactive Service Hub, USD, Knowledge Management capabilities, and core Dynamics CRM customization features.
- Some development experience a plus
- Proven ability to create innovative solutions to solve complex business requirements, and streamline/automate business processes.
- Ability to lead a team, create demo s and perform pre-sales activities, scope project, write proposals, work closely with Project Manager to keep projects on track (FFP as well as T&M)
Qualifications - Education & Experience
- Associate’s/Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer or business related field (Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Computer Information Systems, etc.)
- 6-10 years of related work experience
- Equivalent combination of education and work experience
- Read/Write English at a collegiate level without difficulty
- 6-10 years of experience with Dynamics CRM
- 4-6 years of experience with SDLC, Agile and/or Waterfall
Qualifications - Technical Skills
- Written and Spoken Communication
- Demonstrated ability to communicate complex business information to technical audiences and complex technical information to business audiences
- Demonstrated ability to manage client facing communication
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with everyone from the front office to the back office
- Demonstrated ability to facilitate customer meetings and capture and distribute action items
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (as well as O365) products including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Skype, OneNote, SharePoint, Office Graph, One Drive, Exchange, Yammer
- Proficient in Visual Studio, Business Intelligence Development Studio, PowerBI, O365 Administration, SQL Server Data Tools, and Team Foundation Server
- Knowledge of Dynamics Marketing, Social Engagement, Parature, FieldOne, Voice of the Customer and other emerging Microsoft software
- Analysis and Consultation
- Demonstrated ability to elicit technical and functional requirements
- Demonstrated ability to create visual representations of business processes
- Project Management
- Demonstrated ability to plan and execute projects on time and on budget
- Demonstrated ability to create and manage a backlog of tasks and consistently maintain sprint velocity
- Demonstrated ability to accurately estimate time-to-completion and budget
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects concurrently
- Demonstrated ability to manage a team of diverse skill sets and personalities to maintain morale and execute projects efficiently
- Dynamics CRM
- Demonstrated ability to design, configure and deploy Dynamics CRM solutions based on out-of-the-box features.
- Demonstrated ability to design, configure and deploy Dynamics CRM solutions based on complex xRM solutions with multiple customizations and integrations
- Demonstrated ability to build workflows, dialogs, configure custom actions, business process flows and calculated and rollup fields.
- Demonstrated ability to configure custom command bar buttons, web resources, and other complex solution components
- Demonstrated ability to design Dynamics CRM solutions based on a technical and functional requirements
- Deep knowledge of Dynamics CRM features and limitations
- Deep knowledge of the Dynamics CRM SDK
- Certifications in supported Dynamic CRM versions (2013, 2015, 2016, CRM Online)
- Participation in the Dynamics CRM community (forums, CRMUG, etc.)
- CRM evangelical activities such as Blog sites, videos, speaking engagements, etc.