Dynamics CRM-365 Functional Solutions Architect
Leading Microsoft Dynamics Gold Partner experiencing 50% growth year over year for the past several years based in the Midwest. The organization is planning for and anticipating aggressive growth to continue as changing business needs accelerate the adoption of cloud services and next-gen technologies, including IoT and AI.
With a dedicated growth in services offerings to offer a full scale business solutions, they have added to their portfolio of services to include Microsoft Office 365, Enterprise Mobility + Security, Windows 10 Enterprise, Power BI, and Microsoft Azure, as well as next-gen technologies, including IoT, AI and machine learning.
They have historically been focused on business outcomes as a Microsoft Dynamics partner, but are now even more focused on differentiating from other Microsoft partners by providing business consulting first and then delivering digital solutions powered by the right mix of Microsoft cloud services.
Notes from Executive Management
Organization is just over 50 employees strong today, all full time, permanent employees. The CRM team is roughly 2/3rd of the organization . The balance is comprised of individuals that focus on complimentary Microsoft cloud technologies.
Current strength/weakness. Average consultant there has 10+ years of experience and a higher level degree. They transform 2 jobs, they replace the Business Analyst and very much streamline the process. Very agile process. They streamline the requirements gathering process a great deal. They have spent the time over years to create and fine-tune a delivery model and methodology that is efficient, client friendly and repeatable.
Actual development work averages around 10-20% of the time. The balance of the time is dedicated to client architecture, functional scoping, liaising with the client, and consulting practice operational excellence. However, these are averages. There is a great deal of flexibility to tailor the role more specifically to the strengths and preferences for each individual. If more development is preferred, those opportunities exist as well.
They have hybrid consultants Business Analysts/Developers that is able to create a delivery that is accepted early on by their customers and the implementations run at almost 100% client satisfaction level.
Looking for either Business people that are comfortable with technology or Developers that are comfortable engaging with customers and strong communicators.
On average: only about 5-10% overnight travel on average. On site at the kickoff, and then key milestones.
Significant ability to make decisions and directly impact both the organization itself and your clients. . Very flat Mngt structure, kind of like accounting/legal organizations - opportunities to create teams. Opportunity to create a practice in a practice. Many options available when it comes to revenue creating opportunities.
Very flexible work environment; able to create your own schedule based on client needs and workloads.
Industry expertise in the following verticals: Manufacturing /Distribution is the top sector followed by Financial Services and then Professional Services. Trying to build out an application for automotive sector currently.
PowerApps, Field Services, Portal, PowerBI, Marketing Services are all specific areas they are building expertise in currently.
Going to pass on the pure Functional Consultants unless they have a technical degree or experience with a specific technology in addition to Microsoft Dynamics. These could be any of the areas mentioned above they are actively growing in. The other exception would be for somebody that comes from a traditional Sales/Marketing background before getting into Dynamics CRM consulting and would have domain expertise.
They do have separate Project Managers that are responsible for resource management and budgeting concerns with the client.
They employ a number of former Microsoft employees that maintain strong relationships which provide both new client opportunities, but also a conduit of knowledge from a technical product knowledge standpoint.
Location: Virtual, can be based anywhere in the United States
Travel: Very Minimal, 5-10% on average
Reporting: Will be reporting directly to their Managing Partner and CRM Practice Director
Compensation: Earnings from $135-175k + bonus and strong benefits. Some individuals in this role currently earn over $200k total.
This is an Architect level position. Responsibilities are varied, but would include some of the following key areas.
* Ensuring the established delivery model and methodology is being followed and executed as efficiently and effectively as possible to ensure total customer satisfaction.
* Act as the Dynamics 365-CRM product subject matter expert and ensuring that the product is being leveraged as much as possible to exceed customer requirements.
* Work with the Project Manager to ensure that the project is being run in alignment with the agreed upon timeframe and benchmarks for success.
* With the strong product knowledge and expertise, have a keen understanding of situations where there are potential roadblocks or issues that will need to be resolved to ensure a successful project delivery. This is the key person with responsibility for realizing these potential hurdles and then working to eliminate those challenges.
* Have an understanding of the product limitations and where plug-ins and development efforts and/or 3rd party ISV add-on products will be necessary to deliver for the customer.
* Serving as mentor and provide leadership and guidance to consulting team in helping enable their success on projects, but also from a larger scale career development perspective.
* Assisting with PreSales efforts with prospective Dynamics 365 clients in helping ensure there is not a disconnect from what the sales staff discusses and what can actually be delivered upon by both the software itself and the consulting team.
- Close to 10 years of experience or more with Dynamics CRM
- Strong experience in Functional Architect or Sr. Level Consulting roles
- Proficient with Office365, PowerBI, SQL Server, Reporting Services, software development using Visual Studio and TFS
- Experience working with data migration & application integration tools and techniques such as Scribe, KingswaySoft, Dell Boomi, Azure Logic Apps
- Specialty experience in Field Service and/or PSA , as well as, Experience in Marketing automation tools such as Adobe, Marketo, Act-On, HubSpot or Click Dimensions is a plus
- Bachelor’s Degree in engineering, computer science, mathematics, or equivalent. MBA is beneficial. Microsoft Certifications for Dynamics (current or can be made current)