Dynamics NAV Manufacturing Consultant
As a Canadian leader in business transformation, our mission is to significantly improve the profitability of our clients through the optimization of their processes and the implementation of world-class software solutions. Our services range from operational performance improvement, enterprise resource planning (ERP) and customer relationship management (CRM) to asset management solution implementation. For over 20 years, they have delivered substantial performance improvements to more than 1,200 companies across Canada.
One of Microsoft Dynamics Canada’s largest Gold Certified Partner, they help enterprises implement and manage Dynamics AX, Dynamics NAV and Dynamics CRM technological solutions. They have forged an enviable expertise in the distribution, manufacturing, retail and professional services sectors.
Random Fun Facts on Organization taken from phone discussion notes:
- 40 people in Microsoft Business Solutions gropu, want to grow to over 50 in next few months. Growth from 17 people 3 years ago.
- 25 in NAV, 12 in AX and 3 in CRM(don't really market this).
- 30 in Montreal and 10 in Soult St. Marie, MI The Michigan office is focused on the smaller clients with Dynamics 365 -offering remote services
- Customer base is 100% Canadian for now, may expand to US next year.
- Dynamics NAV Solutions for 15 years and cover many verticals. Dynamics AX for almost 24 months and focused mainly in Financial and Retail, gearing up for Manufacturing & Distribution
- Overall revenue now: $10-12million this year, targeting $15million next year.
- Overnight travel: Very little, typically within driving distance.
- Relocation Assistance offered
- Good benefits across the board including a Profit Sharing program.
- The y are an ERP specific company, they do SAP, Oracle, Microsoft, Process Engineering/Lean, Asset Management - this is their dedicated focus.
- Alot of opportunity Will need leadership. New office in Toronto soon.
- Very strong with delivery management, professional project managers, last 15 go lives are referenceable clients.
Location: Montreal, Quebec – Relocation assistance provided
Travel: None, customer base is local
Reporting: Reporting directly to the General Manager of the Microsoft Business Solutions group
Compensation: Above average market rate for salary + Profit Sharing and excellent benefits
Opportunity: Significant and realistic opportunity to advance into Project and/or Practice Management
Main responsibilities The main role of the Microsoft Dynamics NAV consultant is to assist clients in the deployment of the Dynamics NAV solution, more specifically NAV’s Manufacturing module.
- implement Microsoft Dynamics NAV ERP software, for our clients;
- rapidly grasp and analyze the essential elements of a business process to identify its strengths and areas which require improvement in the client-specific context;
- draft development functional specifications;
- see to the development of Navision-specific implementation methods;
- provide user training to the clients of the company.
- Essential skills/abilities
- Possess at least three (3) years relevant experience as software implementation consultant or a minimum of five (5) years’ experience as expert user;
- At least one (1) year of experience working in the manufacturing and supply chain industry
- Have working knowledge of Microsoft NAV ERP implementations. Experience with the following software can be taken into consideration : SAP, JD Edwards, Oracle, Axapta, Baan, Syspro, Syteline, Vantage;
- Have excellent functional knowledge of MRP, Bills of Materials, Routings, Production workflow and Job costing
- Have good knowledge of inventory and manufacturing flat cost;
- Have good functional knowledge in one or more of the following areas: project management; procurement, sales management, distribution, production planning and management, materials and stock management;
- Have a good command of MS Office tools;
- Good knowledge of business process
- Possess good oral and written communication skills, in both French and English