Dynamics NAV Systems Specialist/Administrator
Company Overview: The leading independent supplier of corn and soybean seed in Minnesota, North Dakota and South Dakota. Company was founded 25 years ago and has grown to a $60million+/year enterprise servicing the Tristate region.
Notes from phone discussion with hiring authority:
just over 50 employees, around 15 minutes from Fargo.
2 other locations in ND - for dealerships.
Soybeans, Corn sales in the tri-state region. Revenues is just under $60million/yearly and profitable. Over the last few years, has grown from under $50million over the last 3 years.
Moving to Dynamics NAV from Breckenridge, which is a seed ERP system. Will be implementing the accounting, order processing, inventory modules this year, phase 1, and then phase 2 looking at manufacturing to look at the processing of the seeds.
User community around 12 users in 1st year and another 10 read only users and then continuing to grow that next year with the operations team.
Implementing Business Central in the cloud. Currently using Dynamics 365 On Premise
Using Stoneridge Software to implement - They will do the full implementation. Timeframe should be go-live at beginning of November.
IT group: Hardware person/Helpdesk and this software position. Mark has GP experience, but no NAV experience. Needs the person to be the SME on NAV
Development would be great, but not a requirement. SME/Admin - good SQL and Reporting experience.
Requiring the person to be on-site. Would provide some relocation assistance. No overnight travel.
$55-85k/yr base salary + bonus based on profitability of the organization. Past 3 years, has received a bonus of around 1.5%
Good benefits, 401k with company match of 3%, PTO of 2 weeks upon start.
Timeframe: Hoping for April 15 - Will be getting busy on the CRM side
Management team is very technology progressive, forward thinking team.. Lkg at technology as a business driver, executive management are the champions of the I.T. initiatives.
Good family friendly atmosphere. Flexible, easy going work environment. Don't have to tap into the PTO for emergencies or illnesses. Monthly gatherings and social engagements.
Growth goals are strong.
Location: Fargo, ND. Relocation assistance provided
Travel: None, no overnight travel required
Compensation: Salary range between $55-85k/yr + bonus and benefits
Reporting: Will be reporting directly to the I.T. Director
Opportunity: Seeking somebody that would like an opportunity to be the internal subject matter expert on the Dynamics NAV ERP system with a realistic opportunity to have a direct and meaningful impact in the direction of the ERP system and overall I.T. systems for the organization.
PURPOSE/SCOPE: The System Specialist is responsible for maintaining and extending the Dynamics NAV system. The ideal candidate will provide technical/data analysis support.
- Design, configure, and extend the Dynamics NAV system
- Forward-looking vision, analysis, and testing of applications
- Research any problems discovered and support and develop solutions to the problem
- Assist with data management and reporting
- Assist with Office 365, SharePoint, and Dynamics CRM enhancements
- Integration efforts to Dynamics CRM 365
- Provide end user support and training
- Act as the internal Dynamics NAV SME(subject matter expert) providing insight and suggestions to executive leadership on how best to leverage the application across the organization.
- 2+ years experience with Microsoft Dynamics NAV
- 2+ years experience with SQL
- 2+ years experience of C#/AL programming
- Experience with Dynamics CRM, SharePoint, Power BI, and Office 365 platform
- Knowledge of PCs, servers, and networking