Microsoft Dynamics 365 CE Solutions Architect
Company Overview: 15 year Development and Professional Services consulting organization with market leading I.P in the Higher Education, Healthcare, Professional Services and Manufacturing industries.
Microsoft Gold Partner and TAP(Technology Adoption Program) participating member for almost 10 years. Over 300 dedicated Product Developers and Functional Consultants across the US and abroad. Clients are spread across the United States and span multiple industry segments including Higher Education, Healthcare, Professional Services, Chemical Manufacturing and Oil &Gas.
Looking to grow their Microsoft Dynamics practice from approximately 35-40 dedicated employees based in the United States.
Currently heavily leveraged with Dynamics 365 F&O, but actively growing their Dynamics CE practice now. Expect the CRM side of the business to equal the ERP side of the business within the next 18 months, in part due to their collaborative development efforts with Microsoft for the Healthcare industry.
They are very, very deep on the technical side and get hired by Microsoft to build products that gets incorporated into MS products.
Looking for people that are interested and excited at the prospect of growing a practice and enjoy the opportunity to wear multiple hats and not do the same task day in and day out. Individuals need a degree of flexibility and high emotional intelligence.
Location: Virtual, can be based anywhere in the United States
Travel: 50% on average
Compensation: Depending on experience, ranging from $125-150k/yr + benefits
Reporting: Will be reporting directly to the VP of Professional Services
Unique Opportunity: This organization’s roots are in product development and they have a number of market leading add-on solutions for both Microsoft Dynamics AX and CRM. They are considered the “go-to” Partner of Microsoft in the Healthcare, Higher Education, Professional Services and Manufacturing industries in part due to this I.P. They have robust internal programs in place to allow individuals to become subject matter experts on 1 or more of these industries and to work with the next generation of technologies as they continue developing new products.
Additional Opportunity: They are growing quickly and looking for people interested in career advancement and opportunities to make a legitimate impact within the business.
Summary of Position:
The Solution Architect will have a strong overall knowledge of both the functional and technical aspects of D365 and will support multiple projects being the oversight for the systems design and quality assurance.
The Architect will be part of one or multiple teams and will use problem solving skills to design, develop, and rollout complex solutions for their customers utilizing approved Methodology(s).
The Architect serves as an internal subject matter expert and supports all company activities including but not limited to sales cycle, delivery, and QA (Quality Assurance).
The Architect may be requested to train, guide, and coach consultants/senior consultants, and to participate in knowledge sharing activities.
The Architect will also work with Business Development, Solutions Consultants, Project Managers, Functional Consultants, Technical Architects, and Developers to accomplish their job.
The Architect will proactively look for ways to keep all time productive and will use non-customer time for personal training, internal projects and administrative tasks. T
The Architect is expected to provide solution guidance/oversight on one more project(s).
The number of projects will vary on the complexity, but ideally no more than two. The Architect is a leader in the services organization and will represent key areas in the newly formed COE (Center Of Excellence). The Architect reports to a Director, Manager, or senior team member.
Full lifecycle project duties including: Pre-Sales solution engineering, project definition/estimating, business requirements analysis QA, functional design QA, and on-going QA activities related to the build and deploy phases.
Assist in the sales discovery phase (as required) with the ability to help estimate the work plan required to turn the prospect into a proposal.
Create gap analysis between standard functionality and customer’s requirements.
Identify and recommend product customizations, enhancements, or workarounds to meet customer requirements.
Fully understands documentation standards, and able to QA documentation required for enhancements and integrations to other business applications.
Assist industry leads in estimating the steps in formulating their solution maps (based on industry knowledge). Responsible for identifying, scoping, developing, and presenting new solutions (out of scope of project) to the customer.
Responsible for researching and qualifying ISVs solutions.
Responsible for the quality assurance in all project FRD(s) (Functional Requirements Document), including sufficient/accurate details for each requirement.
Provides SME (Subject Matter Expertise) in one primary functional area with a close second area that continues to develop.
Responsible for ensuring overall solution adheres to customer requirements.
Responsible for ensuring system and customization designs meets customer’s requirements.
Works with the PM to ensure all tasks are listed in the Project Work Plan.
Works with the PM to formulate the implementation strategy, interdependencies, risks/mitigation strategies, and timeline requirements.
Works with the leads/consultants to ensure design and configurations adhere to approved requirements and project scope.
Completes QA’s as outlined in approved project methodology.
Responsible for communicating with the PM concerning all project related items/risks.
Responsible for specific project tasks assigned by PM per the project work plan.
Drives additional sales opportunities with the customer. Communicates with the PM concerning potential new opportunities.
May maintain a relationship with the customer after the project is completed.
Responsible for participating in sales process (as needed), preparing and QA of SOW’s.
Provide escalated support for customer care.
May perform product demonstrations.
May perform responsibilities of lead/senior consultants periodically.
Resolves project, client and staff issues independently and with minimal escalation.
Culture and Values
- • Demonstrates behaviors evident of their Culture and Values.
- Value People - We recognize people as individuals and develop relationships built on trust and respect. As evident by caring for others, being flexible and following through.
- Honesty & Integrity - We are always truthful and maintain high ethical standards. As evident by asking for help and admitting mistakes.
- Accountability - We take action, proactively hold ourselves accountable and are committed to quality and excellence in everything we do. As evident by delivering quality work and having a sense of urgency.
- Servant Leadership - We purposefully and selflessly serves the needs of others to help them reach their full potential. As evident by asking how I can help and showing a willingness to learn.
- Teamwork - We recognize the collective power of our time, talent and resources. As evident by trusting others and communicating constructively.
- Entrepreneurial Spirit - We encourage creativity and risk-taking, empower decision making, promote continuous learning and give back to our local communities. As evident by being curious and willing to fail.
- Minimum Requirements – Education, Skill & Abilities:
- • Bachelor’s Degree in accounting, business, healthcare or engineering
- • 5 years’ experience implementing D365’s 2 most current versions
- • 3 full life cycle implementations
- • Experience with Power BI
- • Knowledge of D365 customization process (tools, LCS, TFS, etc.)
- • Experience with integration and data migration tools
- • SME in one of the following functional areas; Finance, Project Accounting, Supply
- Chain, Manufacturing, Sales and Marketing, Case Management, or Field Services
- • Strong experience in secondary areas; Finance, Project Accounting, Supply Chain,
- Manufacturing, Sales and Marketing, Case Management or Field Services
- • Strong communication skills
- • Strong leadership skills
- Preferred Requirements– Education, Skill & Abilities:
- • Experience with key Industries; Healthcare, Manufacturing, or Education
- • Minimum 8 years consulting organization experience
- • 7 years’ experience implementing D365 solutions
- • 5 full implementation life cycles
- • Quality assurance reviews, quick decision making and leading from the front by
- • Experience in presales activities including; solution demo, industry SME, estimating
- and creating SOW