Microsoft Dynamics 365 Support Director
Company Overview: 15 year Development and Professional Services consulting organization with market leading I.P in the Higher Education, Healthcare, Professional Services and Manufacturing industries.
Microsoft Gold Partner and TAP(Technology Adoption Program) participating member for almost 10 years. Over 300 dedicated Product Developers and Functional Consultants across the US and abroad. Clients are spread across the United States and span multiple industry segments including Higher Education, Healthcare, Professional Services, Chemical Manufacturing and Oil &Gas.
Looking to grow their Microsoft Dynamics practice from approximately 35-40 dedicated employees based in the United States.
Currently heavily leveraged with Dynamics 365 F&O, but actively growing their Dynamics CE practice now. Expect the CRM side of the business to equal the ERP side of the business within the next 18 months, in part due to their collaborative development efforts with Microsoft for the Healthcare industry.
They are very, very deep on the technical side and get hired by Microsoft to build products that gets incorporated into MS products.
Looking for people that are interested and excited at the prospect of growing a practice and enjoy the opportunity to wear multiple hats and not do the same task day in and day out. Individuals need a degree of flexibility and high emotional intelligence.
Location: Virtual, can be based anywhere in the United States
Travel: No overnight client travel required at all. Occasional travel for corporate events may occur, but would still be less than 10%
Compensation: $140-170k/yr base + bonus and benefits
Reporting: Will be reporting directly to the VP of Professional Services
Unique Opportunity: This organization’s roots are in product development and they have a number of market leading add-on solutions for both Microsoft Dynamics AX and CRM. They are considered the “go-to” Partner of Microsoft in the Healthcare, Higher Education, Professional Services and Manufacturing industries in part due to this I.P. They have robust internal programs in place to allow individuals to become subject matter experts on 1 or more of these industries and to work with the next generation of technologies as they continue developing new products.
- Looking for an accomplished leader to that is comfortable in building out and managing a newly formed support organization focused on D365 F&O.
- Would be responsible for creating a support delivery Program and the processes to ensure efficient customer issue resolution, including creation of a customer portal, standardized SOW and Rate Card policies and trackable procedures that that can be managed and replicated.
- Needs to have the confidence to be able to build this somewhat independently and be able to present new policies, procedures and overall program management KPI’s to executive management.
- Manage a small team of Dynamics 365 support personnel to ensure prompt attention to all customer requests and challenges.
- Mentor small team of Dynamics 365 support staff for continued professional growth and training.
- Demonstrates experience in use of common software implementation methodologies, including an understanding of Microsoft Sure Step; understands and applies relevant problem solving frameworks and techniques to client engagement and internal projects.
- Contributes to the scope management, risk management, meaning identification, evaluation and mitigation plan.
- Helps drive the estimation of the effort to realize the implementation of the proposed solution
- Interacts with stakeholders in the IT and business groups to provide the engineering view of the users' vision regarding the structure and function of the system, as well as the areas in which the system must be able to evolve.
- Develops the integration strategy, if required, following fundamental architectural concepts and in accordance with customer’s requirements and constraints, to ensure that Microsoft solutions and customer’s data sources are appropriately integrated.
- Guides the project through the development and implementation phase to handle solution oriented topics.
- Demonstrates strong qualitative analytic capabilities, particularly in relevant strategy formulation areas such as client, industry, and management issues/challenges.
- Demonstrates growing knowledge base regarding current issues and trends, key drivers, and their impacts in relevant industries and Microsoft technologies.
- Demonstrates ability to plan and manage engagement work and allocate resources appropriately under time, quality and budget constraints.
- Contributes to company growth and revenue generation through identification and proactive pursuit of new revenue opportunities.
- Works collaboratively with practice leadership team to grow, develop and enhance solution best practices, tools and methods, and intellectual property.
- Responsibilities Overview
- Create and manage support cases from client requests for service.
- Efficiently diagnose issues reported by clients.
- Provide timely and appropriate issue resolution.
- Meet defined service level agreements.
- Escalate cases with the support center manager according to defined SLA’s.
- Document case communication and resolution.
- Oversee secondary resources assigned to the support center
- Facilitate case resolution between third party software vendors and BKD clients as needed.
- Continuously develop working knowledge of Dynamics 365 and associated products.
A minimum of 5 years of Microsoft Dynamics implementation experience, including at least 4 complete full life cycle implementations.
- Dynamics 365 experience
- Integration tools for Dynamics 365, including Integration Manager and eConnect.
- Microsoft Windows Server
- Microsoft SQL Server, SQL Reporting Services, and Transact-SQL
- Microsoft Office
- Enterprise support management software
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- The ability to effectively use knowledge bases and search engines
- Prior experience in a customer service role is required
- Previous experience in a consulting role is recommended
- Industry-specific experience in finance, healthcare, or manufacturing is desirable
- Ability to listen carefully and ask appropriate exploratory questions in troubleshooting issues
- Ability to collect and organize case details quickly and accurately