Dynamic AX Finance Consultant
As a Canadian leader in business transformation, our mission is to significantly improve the profitability of our clients through the optimization of their processes and the implementation of world-class software solutions. Our services range from operational performance improvement, enterprise resource planning (ERP) and customer relationship management (CRM) to asset management solution implementation. For over 20 years, they have delivered substantial performance improvements to more than 1,200 companies across Canada.
One of Microsoft Dynamics Canada’s largest Gold Certified Partner, they help enterprises implement and manage Dynamics AX, Dynamics NAV and Dynamics CRM technological solutions. They have forged an enviable expertise in the distribution, manufacturing, retail and professional services sectors.
Random Fun Facts on Organization taken from phone discussion notes:
40 people in Microsoft Business Solutions group, want to grow to over 50 in next few months. Growth from 17 people 3 years ago.
25 in NAV, 12 in AX and 3 in CRM(don’t really market this).
30 in Montreal and 10 in Soult St. Marie, MI The Michigan office is focused on the smaller clients with Dynamics 365 -offering remote services
Customer base is 100% Canadian for now, may expand to US next year.
Dynamics NAV Solutions for 15 years and cover many verticals. Dynamics AX for almost 24 months and focused mainly in Financial and Retail, gearing up for Manufacturing & Distribution
Overall revenue now: $10-12million this year, targeting $15million next year.
Overnight travel: Very little, typically within driving distance.
Relocation Assistance offered
Good benefits across the board including a Profit Sharing program.
The y are an ERP specific company, they do SAP, Oracle, Microsoft, Process Engineering/Lean, Asset Management – this is their dedicated focus.
Alot of opportunity Will need leadership. New office in Toronto soon.
Very strong with delivery management, professional project managers, last 15 go lives are referenceable clients.
Location: Montreal, Quebec – Relocation assistance provided
Travel: None, customer base is local
Reporting: Reporting directly to the General Manager of the Microsoft Business Solutions group
Compensation: Above average market rate for salary + Profit Sharing and excellent benefits
Opportunity: Significant and realistic opportunity to advance into Project and/or Practice Management
Main responsibilities The main role of the Microsoft Dynamics AX consultant is to assist s clients in the deployment of the Dynamics AX solution. As such, he is required to:
- Review client business processes, business requirement and system design;
- Work with clients to streamline existing processes with Dynamics AX;
- Translate business requirements into solution design;
- Design and delivery engagements at client locations;
- Support and mentor other team members (technical and functional);
- Conduct and provide User training to the internal and external clients;
- Go-Live and Post-go-live support;
- Assist in the team’s Pre-Sales efforts when required.
- Essential skills/abilities
- Hold an undergraduate diploma in an accounting, finance, or equivalent;
- Possess at least three (3) years of experience implementing Microsoft Dynamics AX
- Experience with the 2 most recent versions of Dynamics AX, particularly the financial modules(Financial Management, Expense Management, HR Management and Payroll, Project Management and Project Accounting …)
- Strong functional knowledge in finance (General ledger, Account payable, account receivable, fixed assets, multiple company management, multiple currency management…)
- Knowledge in Budgeting and Project Budgeting, Project Management and Project Accounting;
- Knowledge in HR Management and payroll;
- Knowledge in Finance Reporting Tools (Management Reporter);
- Knowledge in Inventory and Manufacturing Costing and Accounting;
- Excellent knowledge of business process.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Possess good oral and written communication skills, in both French and English;
- Be willing to travel outside city of residence to carry out projects.
- Desirable skills/abilities
- Experience in business process reengineering, preferably in ERP projects;
- Experience of two complete implementations of Dynamics AX;
- MBS Dynamics AX Financials certification;
- CPA or equivalent designation, an asset;
- Experience with other Dynamics solutions (SL, NAV, CRM), an asset;
- Experience with AX For Retail;
- Ability to solve complex problems with creative solutions;
- Ability to adapt, summarize, vulgarize technical concepts;
- Strong customer service orientation;
- Team spirit.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org