Microsoft Dynamics NAV – Business Central Consultant
15+ year old public accounting firm with offices spread across the United States that established a separately managed Microsoft ERP/CRM practice at around the time of inception. Company as a whole is a $650million+ consultancy which provides the infrastructure and capital to ensure the the Enterprise Technology group can focus on their customers.
They have been delivering Microsoft Dynamics solutions successfully since 1998 and have over 125 referenceable customers to date. These are actual reference accounts with company names, contacts and contact details available. They have a very strong culture of client satisfaction.
Clients are spread throughout the United States with a heavy industry focus in manufacturing and distribution. Specific expertise in transportation & logistics, as well as, complex financial institutions.
The Dynamics Practice is roughly 75 full time employees today. They have been averaging $12-15million in yearly revenues, but have been experiencing 35% growth rate on average.
The I.T. Services team as a whole is just over 100 employees which are comprised of Dynamics GP, Sage and Infrastructure consulting professionals.
They have developed I.P. and continue to differentiate themselves in the marketplace with continued product development efforts.
Feels that they pay at or above market rate with strong starting salaries and a very thought out career track to improve upon this that is very transparent for all parties involved. Individuals progression in the firm is something you can directly impact, can go from associate all the way up to partner.
Opportunity is to move into a Partner level with full equity stake. They also provide a Manager /Director track.
Location: Virtual, can be based anywhere in the United States
Travel: 50% on average
Compensation: Depending on experience, ranging from $80-125k/yr. Aggressive review schedules that equate to rapid advances in base compensation and bonus programs.
EXAMPLE: Current consultant that started at $100k base salary and no bonus 3yrs ago is now earning a base salary of $160k + $30k bonus.
Reporting: Will be reporting directly to the Director of the Enterprise Services practice and Partner with the firm.
Unique Opportunity: The company is in a very unique position where they are poised to grow aggressively and looking for key individuals that want to have a direct impact in that growth strategy and success. This is a realistic opportunity to grow professionally in leadership responsibilities, earnings potentials and ultimately grow into a Partner and Equity stakeholder.
- Establishes an overview of the requirements defined by the customer; drives definition of business, technical, and architectural requirements, and recognizes any inconsistencies, assumptions, and critical elements that must be considered in an Enterprise solution
- Responsible for defining the solution blueprint for the Microsoft Dynamics solution (addressing all high-level business and technical requirements) included in the Customer proposal; participating with both functional and technical specialists in the Fit/Gap analysis
- Demonstrates experience in use of common software implementation methodologies, including an understanding of Microsoft Sure Step; understands and applies relevant problem solving frameworks and techniques to client engagement and internal projects.
- Contributes to the scope management, risk management, meaning identification, evaluation and mitigation plan.
- Helps drive the estimation of the effort to realize the implementation of the proposed solution
- Interacts with stakeholders in the IT and business groups to provide the engineering view of the users' vision regarding the structure and function of the system, as well as the areas in which the system must be able to evolve.
- Develops the integration strategy, if required, following fundamental architectural concepts and in accordance with customer’s requirements and constraints, to ensure that Microsoft solutions and customer’s data sources are appropriately integrated.
- Plans and oversees the execution of the User Acceptance test in collaboration with the project manager and gathers early user feedback on the solution from key customer stakeholders.
- Validates that the solution will satisfy the customer’s requirements after a POC or UAT.
- Guides the project through the development and implementation phase to handle solution oriented topics.
- Demonstrates strong qualitative analytic capabilities, particularly in relevant strategy formulation areas such as client, industry, and management issues/challenges.
- Demonstrates growing knowledge base regarding current issues and trends, key drivers, and their impacts in relevant industries and Microsoft technologies.
- Demonstrates ability to plan and manage engagement work and allocate resources appropriately under time, quality and budget constraints.
- Contributes to company growth and revenue generation through identification and proactive pursuit of new revenue opportunities.
- Works collaboratively with practice leadership team to grow, develop and enhance solution best practices, tools and methods, and intellectual property.
- Responsibilities Overview
- Performs various tasks to implement business software solutions to meet client objectives.
- Migrates and validates business data from existing client applications to new business solution.
- Provides documentation on solution configuration conforming to company standards.
- Orchestrates unit tests and user-acceptance tests of implemented solutions.
- Provides first level support to clients and troubleshoots solution issues as needed.
- Works closely with clients and consulting team members to deliver agreed upon services to clients.
- Understands and adheres to all Project Plan and Scope documents developed by Project Managers.
- Executes Project Task items in accordance with defined Project timelines.
- Provides timely feedback to Project Managers and/or clients.
- Complete technical training and company orientation as required to strengthen organizational and technical knowledge
5+ years of Microsoft Dynamics NAV experience – Understands the application thoroughly
Experience in client facing roles with a track record of earning respect and credibility with client prospects quickly
Strong interpersonal and communication skills