Microsoft Dynamics Pre-Sales Solutions Consultant
Enterprise Content Management Systems
Award-winning enterprise content management (ECM) software solutions provider and 25 year ECM market leader, helping companies improve time-to-solution, the user experience and backup and recovery service levels. They are recognized industry-wide for our innovative, application-aware solutions for IBM FileNet, IBM Content Manager OnDemand, EMC Documentum and now Microsoft Dynamics.
Their software solutions are also complemented by end-to-end ECM services and a unique “single point of contact” managed services offering. Founded in 1993, is IBM’s Business Partner of the Year and Premier Business Partner, and an OpenText Partner.
With the fairly recent acquisition of the leading (Spring of this year) acquisition of the leading document management solution fully integrated with Microsoft Dynamics with numbers of US patents and over 300,000 satisfied users worldwide, they are poised for significant growth across the organization.
Need a Solutions Consultant - PreSales - scope out opps, gather requirements, presentations, intermediary with professional services.
Solution is integrated with Microsoft Dynamics, including AX, NAV ,GP and SL with current development being done to port to D365.
Over 100 employees, all over the US.
Not much overnight travel, medium sized deals, mainly remote presentations.
Sales Team in the Microsoft practice consists of 2 sales people now and growing to 3. 3 dedicated marketing professionals and 2 inside sales/channel sales
This role would be supporting the 2-3 outside sales folks and interfacing with Professional Services
Needs to have experience with with Microsoft Dynamics. Any experience with Accounts Payable or Expense Mngt is a bonus.
Competing with Concur, Zoho, Guerilla Expense, Expensify.
Average deal size around $50k currently - 50/50 SW and Services. Average sales cycle has averaged 3-6 months.
Supply Chain, Healthcare are 2 areas of success, but would prefer folks with more of a broad brush experience with many different industries.
No billable time necessary, will be reporting to the SVP of Worldwide Sales
Metrics of Success: Upside commission structure based on sales.
Revenue is around $2million today for this Microsoft group. Goal to grow 10-25%.
Overall Revenue, been able to adapt their business, goal is to be over $30million next year. Close to that now and profitable.
Partner of the year with IBM. Very good reputation of taking care of their customers.
Alot of referral business.
May be potentially lkg into NetSuite as they continue develop their products.
Location: Virtual, position can be based anywhere in the United States
Travel: Less than 25%
Compensation: $100-125k/yr + $25-50k in commissions, no caps
Reporting: Will be reporting to the Sr. Vice President of Sales
Opportunity: This is a great opportunity to join a very strong, profitable, industry accepted market leader at a point of tremendous product and market transformation to Microsoft Dynamics 365 and the cloud. This role is viewed as very highly strategic; you will have a very direct impact in the go-to-market strategy and execution.
Our award winning product suite dramatically improves the quality of our customers’ work life (and their bottom line) by automating broken, inefficient business processes with an intuitive, easy-to-use Enterprise Content Management (ECM) software application.
Our flagship product has a unique, patented system which automates processes and accelerates decision-making for users who find themselves burdened with document volume and manual processes by integrating directly with the Microsoft Dynamics ERP suite and can also be used as a stand-alone document management system.
This role is a customer-facing, pre-sales Solution Consultant (SC) with a technical aptitude, business process knowledge and the ability to support the technical close of sales deals. The ideal candidate is detail-oriented with great communication skills and can work well with internal teams as well as partners, prospects and customers. The SC collaborates with sales, development and services teams to ensure that proposals include technical solutions that accurately address the needs of technical decision maker. The SC is part of our sales team.
- Works deals with account managers as the technical expert to scope and outline the solutions deliverables required to meet customer needs and support achievement of their sales quota.
- Assess and respond to Request for Proposals, utilizing product and industry knowledge.
- Perform product demonstrations specific to each customer/ prospect. Demonstrate products and technologies effectively to audiences with varied technical knowledge.
- Create and confidently deliver presentations internally and externally.
- Scopes and documents the technical solution required to address customer requirements, assesses customers’ needs, and recommends solutions that optimize value for both the customer and the company.
- Secures input from all necessary solution stakeholders within the customer organization. Works closely with development to provide feedback on unmet customer needs that lead to feature or enhancement requests.
- Coordinates closely with internal sales and professional services resources to align solution design with customers’ business requirements.
- Secures from customer technical staff commitments needed to achieve technical close.
- Provides coaching and professional development to team member account managers in order to enhance their product and technical knowledge and sales skills.
- Maintain strong relationships with partner technology consultants and partner sales executives.
- Work with clients and partners to effectively manage scope of customer engagements.
- Experience/Education Required:
- Bachelor's degree (BA or BS) in a related field or work OR equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years’ experience in a customer-facing, pre-sales technical analyst and/or sales engineer role.
- Experience creating defined-scope Statements of Work based on product functionality and customers’ needs.
- Working knowledge of invoice automation and accounting solutions in the mid-market.
- Experience with Dynamics ERPs.
- Personal characteristics:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including presentation skills.
- Ability to listen well and ask questions to guide users through the analysis process.
- Ability to handle multiple deals with multiple account managers.
- Strong communication and conceptual skills.
- Customer focused and driven.
- Excellent problem-solving skills.
- Brings a great attitude to work every day!