Microsoft Dynamics Solutions Architect – PreSales Consultant
12 years in Business with Year over Year growth
Customers in 45 different countries
94% Customer Satisfaction
250 Channel Partners worldwide
9 time Microsoft Inner Circle member (Top 50 Partner)
3 Time Microsoft Outstanding Global ISV of the Year Winner
3 Time winner of the CIO Review Top 20 Most Promising Manufacturing Technology Providers
Over 2,200 Active Customers worldwide
Industry Focus: Discreet Manufacturing, Equipment Rental & Lease and Food & Beverage
Notes from Key Executives:
Unique differentiator: They are an ISV that does do delivery. Opportunity to work directly with clients and can incorporate client feedback directly into the product development roadmap. VS other partners that only do delivery. True opportunity to exercise your creativity from a product and solution standpoint.
Vision of growth: Less customization, but creating products and solutions that satisfy multiple client’s needs. Opportunity to create a template that can be duplicated over a broader base of customers.
Always working with the latest technologies. Comfortable in allowing a strong Functional Consultant an opportunity to transition to this Solutions Architect role.
They are a subsidiary of a larger Microsoft Dynamics Partner which provides great financial stability and collaboration with Microsoft Corporation while still maintaining their own distinct identity and branding. The organization as a whole employs over 2,000 worldwide with approximately 350 based here in the United States.
This independently managed subsidiary employees around 175 permanent employees and roughly 10 based here in the United States at present. They have a fairly aggressive growth goal of doubling the revenue of the subsidiary over the next 3 years, of which, a big push and piece of this will be coming from the US expansion.
Fairly non-hierarchical. People have direct impact on the organization. Very collaborative -team oriented approach. Not looking to hire folks that need to be micro-managed, you will be trusted to act as a professional.
Last year; they acquired one of the leading companies for Leasing & Rental Solutions in Microsoft market to help jumpstart their expansion into the Equipment Rental & Leasing industry.
In the US now, they currently have 1 dedicated PreSales person and 1 dedicated Outside Sales Executive and the Business Development – Americas Director that does both. They also have a Product Manager that can assist with Pre-Sales activities and a small delivery team.
Would be focused on the Equipment Rental vertical and/or Advanced Discreet Manufacturing. Open depending on the type of profile I find.
Territory: Across the US and Canada to start.
Their go-to market model is a hybrid between Direct and Channel sales.
They have a marketing machine and qualify leads before they are handed over to sales. Additionally, the Microsoft and Partner eco-system provides them with many more leads than they can actualize.
Character traits: Mindset to build and grow, a go-getter. Challenger mindset. Thinks creatively. Self-leadership.
Rental Pre-Sales: 50% of time to be focused on assisting upon the key objectives of building out this market in the United States, boots on the ground as the SME on their I.P. and solution for the equipment rental vertical. Needs to be able to get into the weeds with the functionality and product and illustrate best practices. They will be focused on scoping solutions and delivering RFP’s roughly ½ of the time.
They will also work in actual delivery - conduct the business consulting trade. Configurations/Needs and functional Lead type of activities. Open to considering a strong Functional Consultant interested in moving into the Solutions Architect-PreSales role.
Would prefer they come from the Equipment Rental industry, but would be open to somebody with strong Dynamics and interested in learning this industry.
Previous experience could be from manufacturing, or professional Services.
Location: Virtual, can be based anywhere in the United States
Travel: 30-50% maximum
Reporting: Will be reporting directly to the US Business Development Director
Compensation: $100-125k/yr base, OTE of $150k+ in 1st year
- Works deals with account managers as the technical expert to scope and outline the solutions deliverables required to meet customer needs and support achievement of their sales quota.
- Assess and respond to Request for Proposals, utilizing product and industry knowledge.
- Perform product demonstrations specific to each customer/ prospect. Demonstrate products and technologies effectively to audiences with varied technical knowledge.
- Create and confidently deliver presentations internally and externally.
- Scopes and documents the technical solution required to address customer requirements, assesses customers’ needs, and recommends solutions that optimize value for both the customer and the company.
- Secures input from all necessary solution stakeholders within the customer organization. Works closely with development to provide feedback on unmet customer needs that lead to feature or enhancement requests.
- Coordinates closely with internal sales and professional services resources to align solution design with customers’ business requirements.
- Secures from customer technical staff commitments needed to achieve technical close.
- Provides coaching and professional development to team member account managers in order to enhance their product and technical knowledge and sales skills.
- Maintain strong relationships with partner technology consultants and partner sales executives.
- Work with clients and partners to effectively manage scope of customer engagements. Requirements:Should have at least 4 years of Microsoft Dynamics AX experience.
- Needs to have strong communication skills and a degree of comfort helping customers understand the many nuances involved with a successful ERP deployment.
- This position does NOT require previous Pre-Sales Experience, this is an opportunity to transition from Functional Consulting to Solutions Architecture and PreSales activities.