NetSuite Administrator/ Functional Consultant
Growing NetSuite Solutions Partner based in the Indianapolis area that was established in 2012 with plans for growth and expansion. They are NetSuite Partner, but also a product development company with their own I.P. developed to augment NetSuite.
Location: Greater Indianapolis area
Travel: No overnight travel required
Reporting: Position will be reporting to the Managing Partner
Compensation: Industry average based on experience
This role is kind of a hybrid position with a small, but growing NetSuite Partner based in the Indianapolis market. They are looking to expand their consulting footprint and have a need to grow and add Functional Consulting. In the short term though, they have an existing client based locally that is looking for a dedicated NetSuite administrator for approximately 20 hrs a week.
My client is looking for somebody that would be interested in joining a growing NetSuite Solutions Partner as a permanent employee that would split their time between this specific client and other NetSuite clients in the local market.
This is a full-time salaried position that would allow for either a NetSuite Administrator with little or no consulting experience to obtain that opportunity to transition slowly to a dedicated consulting role or an experienced consultant that would like to reduce their travel schedule and would appreciate an opportunity to join a smaller practice where they could have a much more significant impact.
Specific Client Side:
- Initially, this role would include approximately 20 hours of dedicated admin support with a single, specific client. This client has been using NetSuite for over 8 years now and leverages both CRM and ERP. They are a Financial Services firm with 4 locations in the US, but the HQ is based in Indy. Travel is not expected to other locations. While working with this client, you would be working directly with and supporting their CIO. Would serve as a the primary “go-to” person for NetSuite user support and administration tasks. However, would not be required to be the sole NetSuite expert, back up is readily available for any issues outside of your area of expertise or comfort.
- The time with this client can be a mix of “on site” time at client site and working remotely.
- The following tasks below would vary depending on the level of experience and /or preferences of the individual filling this position. There is a great deal of flexibility with this organization in tailoring the role to the background and preferences of the individual.
- General Consulting Side:
- Establishes an overview of the requirements defined by the customer; drives definition of business, technical, and architectural requirements, and recognizes any inconsistencies, assumptions, and critical elements that must be considered in an Enterprise solution
- Responsible for defining the technical solution blueprint for the NetSuite solution (addressing all high-level business and technical requirements) included in the Customer proposal; participating with both functional and technical specialists in the Fit/Gap analysis
- Demonstrates experience in use of common software implementation methodologies, including an understanding of Microsoft Sure Step; understands and applies relevant problem solving frameworks and techniques to client engagement and internal projects.
- Defines the functionalities, use cases, interfaces, and/or load scenarios for which a POC may be needed, and outlines any prototypes as required.
- Contributes to the scope management, risk management, meaning identification, evaluation and mitigation plan.
- Helps drive the estimation of the effort to realize the implementation of the proposed solution
- Interacts with stakeholders in the IT and business groups to provide the engineering view of the users' vision regarding the structure and function of the system, as well as the areas in which the system must be able to evolve.
- Develops the integration strategy, if required, following fundamental architectural concepts and in accordance with customer’s requirements and constraints, to ensure that NetSuite solutions and customer’s data sources are appropriately integrated.
- Plans and oversees the execution of the User Acceptance test in collaboration with the project manager and gathers early user feedback on the solution from key customer stakeholders.
- Validates that the solution will satisfy the customer’s requirements after a POC or UAT.
- Guides the project through the development and implementation phase to handle solution oriented topics.
- Demonstrates strong qualitative analytic capabilities, particularly in relevant strategy formulation areas such as client, industry, and management issues/challenges.
- Demonstrates growing knowledge base regarding current issues and trends, key drivers, and their impacts in relevant industries and NetSuite technologies.
- Demonstrates ability to plan and manage engagement work and allocate resources appropriately under time, quality and budget constraints.
- Contributes to company growth and revenue generation through identification and proactive pursuit of new revenue opportunities.
- Works collaboratively with practice leadership team to grow, develop and enhance solution best practices, tools and methods, and intellectual property.
- Organizational Effectiveness & Personal Productivity
- Responds with a sense of urgency to immediate needs.
- Follows directions and asks for clarification of assignments.
- Shows responsibility for corporate funds, materials, and resources.
- Adheres to operating group / department's mission, vision, and policies.
- Demonstrates knowledge about product/service lines including financial importance.
- Demonstrates enthusiasm and commitment to the goals and objectives of the team.
- Embraces entrepreneurial spirit in work through recognizing and capitalizing on opportunities and challenging the status quo.
- Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals
- Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan
- Works at a consistent and steady pace
- Being calm and patient at all times
- Handles repetitive work without becoming impatient
- Understands the basics of client satisfaction and applies it in the process of servicing the client.
- Communicates client feedback to senior team members for action.
- Understands and follows internal processes to respond to client needs.