NetSuite Technical Lead/Developer
20 Year industry leading ERP/CRM solutions center based in Chicago, IL that started in the NetSuite solutions consulting space 6 years is planning for significant growth and expansion.
Currently a smaller sized organization looking to double in size year over year with a heavy emphasis on NetSuite team. Company itself is platform agnostic and does provide ERP/CRM solutions consulting with other products, but NetSuite is the area they have targeted for significant growth.
Clients have been mainly in Chicago, but others outside of region. Have worked with online retailers, sales & marketing firms, communications and media firms, pharmaceuticals. Main customer type is a firm is fast-growing and/or rapidly changing. They have worked with some of the largest NetSuite custumers in North America. Typical client size ranges from $20-500million in annual revenues.
Due to promotion, they are seeking somebody to step in as the Technical Lead and Lead Developer.
Location: Chicagoland area
Reporting: Would be reporting to NetSuite Director
Compensation: $90-125k/yr + bonus and benefits
The ideal candidate can both be a part of an implementation team for a new NetSuite implementation, as well as support existing customizations of other clients. This requires a candidate to be experienced and confident developing new features and functionality in NetSuite. The seasoned NetSuite Technical Lead / developer will need to be able to quickly learn, document and develop recommendations to resolve client needs. This will require extensive knowledge and experience with NetSuite’s Suitescript 1.0 and 2.0 developing custom applications, forms, and functionality within NetSuite.
- Lead the technical development for all NetSuite projects (examples describing the range of development would include small Suitescript development in conjunction with custom records to calculate a new local tax, to developing a highly custom and complex application for an order entry process.)
- Architect system interfaces and be able to implement NS as part of the overall system architecture that may likely be comprised of other applications
- Gather and analyze business requirements and implement technical solutions using the SuiteCloud platform
- Work with IT and business SMEs to understand needs and develop solutions for improved performance and efficiency gains
- Develop customized scripts to improve and add functionality to the existing NetSuite environment
- Create and customize page layouts, workflows, dashboards, saved searches, reporting capabilities and forms
- Document existing and new workflows and customizations
- Develop documentation and conduct training for end-users for the customizations that have been built
- Develop and support third-party integrations (APIs) with NetSuite
- Manage new and existing customizations
- Through the enhanced use of technology, identify new solutions to improve processes
- Monitor, troubleshoot, and correct production issues
- Perform other duties as assigned
Technical skills and experience
- NetSuite Developer Certification preferred
- At least five years of experience as a NetSuite Developer
- Five or more years’ experience with the SuiteCloud Platform (SuiteScript, SuiteBuilder, SuiteFlow etc.) and NetSuite API development experience
- At least five years of experience in enterprise application design, development, and implementation
- At least five years of experience building analytics and reporting
- Experience with other Financial platforms like QuickBooks and migrating client data from those platforms
- Experience with cloud-based integration platforms is a plus