Dynamics AX Project Manager
Company Overview: 50 years later, is now comprised of 25 of the most highly-regarded brands of protective products that serve law enforcement, military and the sporting goods markets.
Slightly over 3,000 employees, 13 locations in 13 countries. Military and Law Enforcement is primary customers. Also has an automotive offering. Split between FL and Ontario, Canada.
- Coming in at the beginning of a huge ERP implementation.
- Growing company. Since becoming an independent company in 2012, acquired 4 companies in 2013. Acquired another one last year.
- Can now sell directly to customers- planning to significantly grow Retail segment.
- Lkg at other acquisition targets globally.
- Anticipates company going public in next couple of years.
- Very profitable and trending very well with great EBITDA
- As the company grows, the I.T. organization will be changing significantly, and will becoming experts in various parts of their business and opportunities for leadership.
I.T. Environment with .NET Development running on Windows, SQL Server almost everywhere, Visual Studio and SharePoint.
Reason for AX Openings: Has been in the process of implemting Dynamics AX 2013 R2 over the last 12 months.
*Going to have to do multiple sites at a time. Not sure on which locations yet.
*Going to be the full suite of AX , except for HR and Retail. Will be rolling out Dynamics Retail later.
*Close to 1,000 users on the system when done
*Hoping to build core internal capability. Would like to be fully sustainable about the 75% point of project implementation.
*Currently using Infor Visual and Syspro.
*Current team will be trained on AX – around 20 folks more or less. Will also have their own development and customization, though not interested in doing a ton of that.
*Most of the I.T. team based in Jacksonville, FL
*Initially, come in and learn business, current systems, participate on the team implementing AX. Work on quite a few data migrations and integrations.
*Preference would be the front end functional, business analyst. Would need to be strongest on Manufacturing or Supply Chain.
*Currently has 6 locations in US and 4 in Canada. Has a very large manufacturing plant in Mexico and a smaller business in Lithuania.
Location: Jacksonville, FL, relocation assistance provided
Compensation: $120 – 130/yr base salary + 10-15% bonus and great benefits. Some flexibility on salary range if necessary.
Reporting: Reporting to the Director of Enterprise Applications
The incubant will be responsible for project management, business analysis, meeting facilitation, application design, training, and implementation of Microsoft Dynamics AX, in support of the company’s businesses. Identifies opportunities to improve business processes and to use technology to improve revenue, reduce costs, improve productivity, and increase customer service.
- Acts as Project Manager / Information Technology representative as assigned by management for key business system initiatives including implementing and supporting MS Dynamics AX.
- Directs the activities of external consultants assigned to work the project(s). Assists in the selection of the consultants.
- Builds and maintains Project Plans as required for IT Projects. Plans, schedules and tracks progress on project timelines, milestones and deliverables using appropriate tools. Identifies and manages project dependencies and critical path.
- Directs and manages the project life cycle from project initiation and planning through execution, deployment and close-out. Manages the project budget.
- Collaborates with sponsors and stakeholders to define the project business case including project scope, goals and deliverables that support business goals.
- Manages project communication throughout the life cycle of the project. Communicates and manages Project Risks. Conducts periodic project reviews with key stakeholders, sponsors and team members to provide progress.
- Along with other IT project managers, develops and implements project management processes and methodologies to ensure projects are delivered on time, within budget, adhere to standards and meet customer expectations.
- Provides business analysis, and recommends best course of action focusing on business process first, technology second.
- Reviews, analyzes, and evaluates business systems and end user needs. Identifies and documents business requirements which could be automated using current / new technology to improve productivity, reduce costs, better serve the customer, or increase revenues.
- Designs, develops, configures and maintains business applications per user specifications using Safariland standard technologies. Proposes solutions to best meet the requirements of the organization.
- Sets up procedures and testing methods to insure the ongoing accuracy of data maintained within all applications.
- Acts as liaison between the organization and application vendors as required for implementation, problem resolution, application upgrades and bug fixes.
- Provides support and training to user community.
- Stays on top of current and new technologies and makes recommendations to implement those which would have a positive impact on the division’s business