Sr. NetSuite Implementation Lead
20 Year industry leading ERP/CRM solutions center based in Chicago, IL that started in the NetSuite solutions consulting space 6 years is planning for significant growth and expansion.
Currently a smaller sized organization looking to double in size year over year with a heavy emphasis on NetSuite team. Company itself is platform agnostic and does provide ERP/CRM solutions consulting with other products, but NetSuite is the area they have targeted for significant growth.
Clients have been mainly in Chicago, but others outside of region. Have worked with online retailers, sales & marketing firms, communications and media firms, pharmaceuticals. Main customer type is a firm is fast-growing and/or rapidly changing. They have worked with some of the largest NetSuite costumers in North America. Typical client size ranges from $20-500million in annual revenues.
Due to promotion, they are seeking somebody to step in as the Technical Lead and Lead Developer.
Location: Chicagoland area
Travel: Negligible, 10%
Reporting: Would be reporting to NetSuite Director
Compensation: $90-125k/yr + bonus and benefits
The ideal candidate can both be a part of an implementation team for a new NetSuite implementation, as well as support, and potentially extend, existing implementations for clients. This requires a candidate to be experienced and confident developing business requirements to configure and optimize functionality within NetSuite, as well as other products that are commonly implemented along with NetSuite.
The seasoned NetSuite Implementation Lead will need to be able to quickly learn the clients business, processes and requirements then be able to document and develop recommendations to resolve client needs. This will require extensive knowledge and experience with NetSuite’s capabilities across multiple functional areas.
- Utilize past experience and knowledge to recommend and guide clients toward best practices using a pragmatic mindset to facilitate clients’ important and their most complex requirements.
- Implement and deploy NetSuite solutions accommodating unique industry business and management processes, regulatory requirements and other business requirements.
- Develop, configure and test detailed functional designs for business solution components and prototypes.
- Facilitate business process mapping and requirements gathering sessions with new and existing customers to create functional requirements as an input to technical development and functional configuration.
- Troubleshoot issues that arise during configuration sessions, system testing, and post go live.
- Provide on-going post implementation support to optimize user adoption and NetSuite configuration.
- Respond promptly and professionally to customer requests or inquiries seeking guidance from the implementation team.
- Train client users to navigate, configure and operate NetSuite specific to their role
- QA’s project efforts and documentation to ensure project decisions/deliverables are sound
- May be expected to perform project management duties on smaller, less complex projects (develop project plans, manage budget/actual and scope of work, approval of project-related T&E)
Desired skills and experience
- Project Management
- Business Analysis (requirements/use case development and documentation)
- Organizational Change Management or Organizational Development
- 3-5 years of successful implementation / optimization experience for wide range of organization types including:
- Create functional requirements as an input to application design.
- Build, develop and test detailed functional designs for business solution components and prototypes.
- Drive test planning, execution, and optimization support.
- Conduct business process mapping and requirements gathering sessions with new customers to determine configuration requirements both on-site and remote.
- Build, develop and test detailed scripted customized solutions and prototypes.
- Knowledge and experience with typical NetSuite workflows (e.g., Sales/Quote development, Order to Cash, Procure to Pay, S&OP, Financial Reporting, etc.) and be able to apply best practices to client configurations.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation skills (MS Visio, MS PowerPoint)
- NetSuite Certifications are preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Soft skills and professionalism
- Self-motivated and reliable
- Results oriented with a high attention to detail
- Ability to facilitate productive and structured work sessions
- Self-learner – continually seeks knowledge and experience
- Strong analysis & tenacious troubleshooter – No challenge is too big
- Excellent organizational, task management and prioritization
- Ability to project manage self and others
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Ability to communicate positively and work directly with business users to understand requirements while designing, developing and implementing solutions