Sr. Sales Executive
Award-winning enterprise content management (ECM) software solutions provider and 25 year ECM market leader, helping companies improve time-to-solution, the user experience and backup and recovery service levels. They are recognized industry-wide for our innovative, application-aware solutions for IBM FileNet, IBM Content Manager OnDemand, EMC Documentum and now Microsoft Dynamics.
Their software solutions are also complemented by end-to-end ECM services and a unique “single point of contact” managed services offering. Founded in 1993, is IBM’s Business Partner of the Year and Premier Business Partner, and an OpenText Partner.
With the fairly recent acquisition of the leading (Spring of this year) acquisition of the leading document management solution fully integrated with Microsoft Dynamics with numbers of US patents and over 300,000 satisfied users worldwide, they are poised for significant growth across the organization.
Notes from VP of Sales:
Solution is integrated with Microsoft Dynamics, including AX, NAV ,GP and SL with current development being done to port to D365.
Over 100 employees, all over the US.
Not much overnight travel, medium sized deals, mainly remote presentations.
Needs to have experience selling Microsoft Dynamics. Any experience with Accounts Payable or Expense Mngt is a bonus.
Competing with Concur, Zoho, Guerilla Expense, Expensify.
Role: Does not do alot of prospecting, most of the leads come from other Partners(get split up between sales folks) and their own internal lead development. Pretty high velocity position, alot of opportunities.
Person that has been there for 7 years, each month is receiving 7-10 qualified leads/month. Really need to be organized and ability to use Salesforce to manage the leads.
Ratio of direct sales vs. partner sales: Reality is that they manage the sales process even if the lead comes from a partner. They are not selling for you in the channel - you still need to run the deal.
Average size of deal/sales cycle: Just document mngt, smaller deal and faster, can close in 30 days for $12-15k. If the deal gets into AP Automation or Expense Mngt, bigger deal, $15-50k+ and longer. Average deal tends to be around $30k. Typically 30-90 day sales cycles.
Sales goal/quota: License of $700k, which will drag services of $525k, will get paid on both. Around $1.4million in total revenue. Moving to a subscription/cloud model, but still selling a good amount of perpetual renewals.
GP is their Bread and Butter, coming out with a new release for AX in June.
Interested in GP, NAV and AX sales backgrounds. Accounting understanding is crucial, AP Automation and Expense Mngt is the bread and butter. Financials is industry preference.
Will be reporting to the SVP of Worldwide Sales
Traits of success: good energy, good attitude, someone who that disciplined and can use the resources to get things done. Someone that is very organized, and has worked at this level of velocity of opportunities. Probably not a great fit for somebody only dealing with enterprise level deals. Much smaller, faster paced deals.
Revenue is around $2million today for this Microsoft group. Goal to grow 10-25%.
Overall Revenue, been able to adapt their business, goal is to be over $30million next year. Close to that now and profitable.
Partner of the year with IBM. Very good reputation of taking care of their customers.
Alot of referral business.
May be potentially lkg into NetSuite as they continue develop their products.
Location: Virtual, position can be based anywhere in the United States
Travel: Less than 25%
Compensation: $100-125k/yr + approximately $80k in commissions in year 1, no caps. Commissions are paid monthly + quarterly bonuses.
Reporting: Will be reporting to the Sr. Vice President of Sales
Opportunity: This is a great opportunity to join a very strong, profitable, industry accepted market leader at a point of tremendous product and market transformation to Microsoft Dynamics 365 and the cloud. This role is viewed as very highly strategic; you will have a very direct impact in the go-to-market strategy and execution.
They are seeking a self-motivated, ambitious Senior Sales Executive responsible for selling new Document Mangement, AP Automation and Expense Management systems and solutions with Microsoft Dynamics. . While direct leads are generated, the majority of sales occur via the partner channel.
Daily activities include
Working in a team selling environment, driving and leveraging the talents of team members across multiple functions. Managing all phases of the sales process from discovery to closure.
Relationship building with key contacts at the Dynamics VARs assigned to you, leveraging these relationships to gain introduction to their client base, pitching their solution to key influencers and decision makers, demonstrating their Value Proposition and closing deals.
Successful SSEs are socially adept, energetic, gregarious, great communicators/presenters, experienced in solution selling and well-versed in the software sales process. They have the ability to win the hearts and minds of their resellers, while driving their sales pipeline for quota over-achievement.
The SSE must be able to utilize proven solution-selling techniques, perform compelling & engaging demos with solution consultant, create crisp quotes & proposals, and understand ERP, most specifically Accounts Payables and Expense Management and all the business processes automated by these systems.
The SSE position requires the ability to multi-task, working with many different prospects and/or VARs on a daily basis. Organization and attention to detail is important in maintaining all information and communications in our Salesforce system. The successful candidate requires knowledge and experience in the ERP (Accounts Payables and Expense Management) markets with a clear understanding of related business processes (Finance and Accounting, Logistics, Human Resources, Sales, Marketing, Customer Service).
Seven or more years of Enterprise Software sales experience is required. A Bachelor’s degree is required and a Master’s degree in business, marketing or a related field of study is a plus. Candidates must possess exceptional communication and presentation skills to effectively present to a wide range of audiences.
Consultative selling is expected:
- Understand, master and articulate their story/business value to customers
- Successfully gain access to all decision makers and influencers in sales process at prospects and partners
- Exhibit the ability to initiate and control a situational business and technology conversation
- Team with our solution consultant to understand the prospects business challenges and how we can solve them. Demonstrate business value of their solution, with in-depth understanding of a prospect’s business pain and how to relate our solution to that pain.
- Understand and navigate the financial and emotional motivators for buying a system like theirs and present a solution which makes it easy for the customer to buy based on these motivatorsThe sales team is a dynamic, results-driven environment, where creative thought, high activity and quality engagement are daily expectations:
- Time management and organization skills are necessary to succeed
- Weekly activity objectives, and monthly, quarterly and annual revenue quotas will be in assigned
- The SSE will work closely with the Their marketing team to drive demand amongst the partners assigned to themResponsibilities:
- Build top-down and bottom-up relationships with Their prospects and the Dynamics Partners assigned to you
- Respond to in-bound leads by scheduling discovery calls to understand the prospect’s pain and leading the prospect through the sales process to closure
- Leverage the information gleaned from the discovery call to formulate and present a compelling product demonstration with the solution consultant over remote web sessions and in some cases, onsite
- Articulate how a Their solution can address this business pain with a high ROI
- Manage VAR relationships effectively to help close deals
- Propose consultative solution recommendations to fit customer’s requirements
- Embody expertise in software solution selling techniques
- Create quotes and proposals for prospects, and negotiate closure
- Meet/exceed sales quota
- Feedback customer requirements to the broader Their organization to help drive product direction
- Minimum of seven years enterprise software sales experience – Microsoft Dynamics channel sales experience preferred
- Understanding of ECM software and ERP/accounting systems, particularly the Microsoft Dynamics product family is a big benefit
- Experience with web conferencing (GoToMeeting)
- Experience using Salesforce.com and Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication & presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task, working multiple opportunities at one time
- Integrates well with other team members
- Excels in a structured selling environment with personal productivity measurements
- Exceptional character and business ethics
- Dynamic, engaging personality capable of winning the hearts and minds of our customer base and our partners
- Internal drive to meet and exceed all objectives
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Action and detail-oriented with strong analytical, organizational and prioritization skills
- Positive can-do attitude, and team worker
- Takes direction, documents expectations, then executes with minimal further direction
- Communicates effectively and persuasively to a high volume of disparate people
- Relishes calling customers and building relationships
- Ability to repetitively and compellingly identify and overcome objections in the sales process