Resume Formatting Suggestions
From DynamicsFocus, LLC.
- Format Style: My STRONG recommendation is to follow the standard “old school” chronological format. It may seem boring, but my clients have consistently requested this format. It is important to be able to easily scan the pages and determine (at a glance) where you have worked and when you accomplished certain things.
- I also would STRONGLY recommend more information than less and as much detail as possible. My clients are expecting me to identify subject matter experts for them so it is important to be able to convey the depth of your experience.
- I would also suggest repetition. Indicating that you have handled a similar role or function and have worked with a particular piece of software on multiple occasions is a good thing and helpful in presenting your credentials as a potential SME.
Download PDF Example 1 Download PDF Example 2
Sr. Dynamics Consultant
Bachelors of Science Business Administration Degree in Finance Oklahoma State University May 1989
MS Dynamics GP Certifications:
- Financials 2013
- Report Writer 2005
Core Competencies, Dynamics GP:
- Financial report writing in Management Reporter.
- SmartConnect integration and automation.
- Data conversion and integration via Integration Manager and SmartConnect.
- Distribution series: POP, SOP, and Inventory Control.
- Human Resources and Payroll.
- Fixed Assets Module.
- Collections Management.
Company Confidential November 2009 – Present
A Microsoft certified partner firm specializing in new implementations, ongoing support, training, and process documentation.
President / Owner
- Business process analysis.
- System design and solution development.
- Solution sales.
- Implementation project management.
- End user and super user training.
- Business Portal implementation and support.
- Break-fix troubleshooting and resolution.
- Report writing in SmartList Builder, SQL Reporting Services, Management Reporter.
- Migrate reports database from FRx to Management Reporter and performed classroom training.
- Direct team of 4 subcontractors providing oversight and status reports.
- Successfully processed 3 upgrades from GP10 to GP2010 including customizations and financial reports.
- Provided information system support for $500M annual revenue petroleum company.
- Designed and implemented Purchase Order system providing process documentation and training.
- Developed remote Requisition approval program utilizing text messaging.
- Developed Excel reports based on customized SQL views via SmartList Builder.
- Developed daily reports in SQL reporting services with overnight email distribution to provide daily cash position and outstanding Purchase Order reporting.
Company Confidential August 2008 – November 2009
Located in Houston, TX and serves primarily publically traded multinational corporations in the petroleum and petroleum services industries.
- Manage implementation team, coordinating configuration, development, testing, and training schedules.
- Prepare project status reports and conduct project status meetings.
- Design system configuration based on requirements and analysis.
- Ensure timely filing of 10Q and other SEC required documents.
- Configure and setup Business Portal HRP Self Service Suite Profiler, Benefit Self Service, and Time Card.
- Install, customize, prepare user guides, and train on ESLA Latin translated Dynamic GP client in Mexico.
- Maintained 90%+ utilization.
- Achieved superior customer satisfaction rating.
Company Confidential November 2004 – August 2008
A Microsoft Gold Certified Partner, two time Microsoft Global Partner of the year recipient, and one of Microsoft’s largest providers of Dynamics products and consulting.
- Lead implementation teams to successful go-live directing task completion, customer signoff, and ensuring adequate and complete communication.
- Manage client relationship setting expectations and monitoring project scope.
- Write specification of project tasks to be measureable and deliverable.
- Perform discovery interviews to prepare, “as is” documentation and flow chart data and processes.
- Write requirements analysis, design document, gap analysis, and testing plan scripts.
- Write customization specifications and manage development.
- Convert customer, vendor, and employee data into SQL tables for use with DTS or import format compatible with Integration Manager.
- Write FRx reports pulling from multiple companies and integrating with external data contained in Excel.
- Plan and execute upgrade process steps to minimize downtime and allow for adequate testing of data and system functionality.
- Conduct training per MS Dynamics GP manuals for HR/Payroll, Payables Management, Receivables Management, GL, Bank Reconciliation, Fixed Assets, FRx, and Purchase Order Processing.
- Lead 4 major implementations to successful January 1st live dates in industries of plant nursery, municipal government, assisted living facilities management, and transportation logistics.
- Implemented two HR/Payroll sites with 800 to 1,500 employees.
- Implemented MS Dynamics GP Control Account, Encumbrance, Interfund, and Grant Management.
- Implemented Binary Stream Property Management.
- Implemented MC2, Advanced Intercompany Transactions for GL, AP, AR, and payroll distributions.